The summer is a special moment of the year.
We feel, that especially this year, we all need a moment to take a break, immerse in nature, breath and connect again with the full trust and the joy that life can bring to us.
In this retreat, we offer five days near the ocean, enjoying the calm, the beauty of a soft yoga practice, time outdoors, healthy eating and the heart conection with a special group of people of different nationalities.
We will share the practice we love, a gentle yoga practice that brings you back to yourself, to relax and to manage what you are living with equanimity.
All levels are welcomed. We will take care of everyone with attention, favoring that the practice adapts to your moment and your body responds with lightness and gratitude.
We will dive deep into meditation practice and guided relaxation, without effort, understanding that the mind is a powerful instrument that can be at our service, when we direct our attention to places of stillness.
You will learn to connect to your center when you need it. You will return home with tools to start a new cicle with more strength and tranquility.
We will also have time for ourselves, for resting, walking along the beach, observing the sea, the sunsets, the birds and the stars and absorbing the magic of this wonderful place.
The group will be small, to take care of each detail with time and dedication.
Each day includes:
• Yoga for everyone: asana practice to revitalize, strengthen and empower your body. A more dynamic practice will be combined with yin type classes, where we will learn to feel and meditate on the postures.
• Conscious breathing or pranayama to bring clarity to your mind. Some practices will take place outdoors.
• Guided and silent meditation.
• Guided relaxation and energy therapy.
• Connection with nature: trips to the most special beaches out of the turistic tracks, practising to observe the beauty of simplicity, to enjoy and to charge ourselves with the energy of the elements.
All activities will be carried out with the utmost care and in compliance with the Covid-19 prevention regulations.
You can enter in Portugal by plane from any country of the European Union with a negative PCR test. If you are going from Spain by road, there are no restrictions for entering in Portugal, nor PCR test is needed.
You can check this info in the official website of the EU
We offer a special Covid-19 cancellation policy for this retreat. You can read it at the bottom of this page.
Laura Méndez – Lakshmi y Paloma Dorado
Laura is a yoga teacher, traveler and continuous yoga student.
She has been teaching yoga in classes, workshops and retreats since 2011 and has been practicing it for more than 18 years.
Before becoming a full time travelling yoga teacher, she worked as an interpreter in Brussels for the European Commission. Yoga helped her balance a stressful job and slowly took more and more space in her life.
Her first training in Hatha yoga, led her to continue deepening and training in Yin yoga, myofascial liberation, Ayurvedic yoga and more, spending long periods of time in India practicing with her teachers.
Her personal practice has evolved from a demanding Ashtanga practice to a gentler Hatha yoga practice.
In her classes you will enjoy a mixture of different styles, with special attention to conscious breathing.
Accessible classes, with modifications for all levels, from the practice of ahimsa (do not harm) and the complete acceptance of each student.
As a certified coach and NLP teacher, she also guides people on their own journey towards self-awareness and personal growth.
Her main motivation, helping busy and stressed people find a way to deeply relax through the effective and powerful techniques of yoga, has led her to conduct retreats in different places in Asia and Europe, offering her students a way to connect with its center and with nature.
Paloma started to pratice meditation 20 years ago, guided by a deep wish of understanding human nature.
Passionate about the relationship between science and spirituality, she studied Physical Sciences, and later, worked for the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (CERN), located in Geneva.
At the same time, she trained as a therapist in several energy therapies and energy healing, such as Metamorphic Technique, Reiki, and Mystic Therapy.
After her first meditation retreats, at the age of 22, she found her Spiritual Master, whose guidance and teaching continues to be very present in her day to day life.
She collaborates with the meditation instructor Javier de Salas, as an assistant in retreats and workshops in Spain, United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong and Bali, including the Asia Yoga Conference and the Om Yoga Show festival, in London.
In search of a conscious approach to yoga, she immersed in Nayana Yoga School’s training, enjoying of extending the time in each pose, gently and meditatively.
She deepened her yoga education with a yin yoga teacher training. She approached the study of Vedanta, in the Sama Yoga School, training as a yoga teacher in this authentic, soft and deep style, which combines classic Hatha yoga asanas with postures of Chi Kung and mantras.
She currently directs Shama Retreats, a company dedicated to organizing yoga and meditation retreats in nature, together with national and international teachers.
We will stay in Monte Velho, a spacious and secluded retreat center in Carrapateira, in the region of Aljezur, South Portugal.
A family run, self-sustaining retreat and holistic centre with a strong passion for reconnecting its visitors with nature.
Located where south-western Europe sinks into the Atlantic, the region is enriched by the strength of its’ nature, with multiple paths some ending between dunes of fine sand by the ocean, while others on the cliffs by sunset.
The center sits in a stunning elevated, nestled between mountain and sea with a panoramic vista over the ocean.
In July, the days are sunny and long and we may enjoy the large gardens for relaxing and reading and the open dinning room during the meals.
The center have a fully equipped yoga shala, a outdoor yoga deck, and a spa with several massage options
All rooms have confortable beds and private bathrooms.
The food is first class, delicious, ecological, local and seasonal, cooked by specialized chefs in vegetarian and vegan cuisine.
Two of the most amazing and long beaches of the region, Praia Amado and Praia Borderia, are are in less than 8 minutes by car from the retreat center.
You can reach this magic place in just one an hour and an 15 min from Faro airport, which have direct and affordable flight options from most European main cities.
A unique space to practice, reflect, connect, nourish and rest.
The classes could be lead in both languages: English and Spanish.
Tuesday July 13, 2021
16.00 – Arrival to the retreat venue. Check- in
17.15 – Welcome.
17.45 – Yoga class
19.00 – Dinner
From Wednesday July 14 to Friday 16, 2021
07:30 – 09.00 Energizing morning yoga class
10.00 – 13.00 Discovering South Portugal: excursions/ nature/ beach/ treking
13.00 – Lunch
14.00 – Resting. Enjoying the venue
17.00 – 18.30 Yin or Sama yoga / pranayama / myofascial release
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner
20.30 – 21.30 Relaxing Evening: Meditation / Yoga Nidra/ Guided Relaxation
Saturday July 17, 2021
07. 30 Yoga practice.
10.00 Check- out from the rooms
10.45 Farewell session
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions and the duration of the trips.
- Accommodation in single, double or triple bedrooms with ensuite bathroom (single bedrooms are double bedrooms that you can have for your own): 5 days/4 nights.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by an experienced chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 3 meals per day
- Use of all the facilities of the villa.
- All yoga classes, meditation and guided relaxation sessions included in the program, in a beautiful indoor, well equipped yoga shala.
- Trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful natural beaches
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages and energy healing
- Turkish bath
- Flights tickets and travel insurance.
- Transport to the venue. We can help you to get in touch with other participants to share the trip from Faro Airport to the retreat center (1 h 15 min) or hep you to hire a private transport.
SPECIAL OFFER: 40€ Early Bird discount for the first 6 places, until June 15.
Prices per person all included:
Until June 15, 2021 – Early Bird price (Discount code: EARLYBIRDSHAMA)
- Option 1: Shared very large bedroom (maximum 6 people), with shared bathrooms: 540 € per person
- Option 2. Triple shared bedroom, with private bathroom: 620 € per person (you will share the room with 2 more people of the same gender)
- Option 3: Double shared bedroom, private bathroom: 670 € per person. (you will share the room with 1 more person of the same gender)
- Option 4: Single bedroom: double bedroom used as single, with a large double bed and private bathroom: 830 € per person (the bedroom will be only for you)
From June 15, 2021 (or after the 6 first places are booked)- Normal Price
- Option 1: Shared very large bedroom (maximum 6 people), with shared bathrooms: 580 € per person
- Option 2. Triple shared bedroom, with private bathroom: 660 € per person (you will share the room with 2 more people of the same gender)
- Option 3: Double shared bedroom, private bathroom: 710 € per person. (you will share the room with 1 more person of the same gender)
- Option 4: Single bedroom: double bedroom used as single, with a large double bed and private bathroom: 870 € per person (the bedroom will be only for you)
Booking and payment policy:
– To book and secure your place, we request a 120 € deposit.
– You can press the blue button below “Book your place”, fill in your data and pay the deposit online. Before paying, you can include our discount code: EARLYBIRDSHAMA. If you are one of the first 6 people to book, a discount of 40 € will apply automatically.
– Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will recieve a confirmation email)
– The balance should be paid before June 26, 2021. If you book after that date, we request to do the full payment of the retreat.
– If you come alone and want to stay in a double room, you will share with a person of the same gender.
IMPORTANT: We cannot guarantee that you will have a roommate (sometimes we are odd or there aren’t people of the same gender who request a shared room).
In the unlikely event that there isn’t any other person of the same gender whom you can share the room with, you can have the room for your own but you will be requested to pay the price of a single room.
Special covid19 cancelation policy:
– If cancellation takes place before June 10, you will receive a full refund.
– If cancellation takes place between June 10 and June 26, the total amount will be refunded, less the deposit.
-If cancellation takes place after June 26, you won’t receive any refund but you could keep the 50% of your payment in a voucher for a future retreat. The voucher could be used for 2 years in any of our retreats.
– At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
– If due to the COVID19 health crisis, new measures were decreed that would prevent the retreat from being carried out, the full amount paid would be refund.
– In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled for another reason, the full amount paid will also be refund.
– Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that isn’t paid directly to us, won’t be refund.
Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accomodations cost if you stay before or after the retreat in Portugal, etc), if you have to cancel your trip because you or a close relative get positive in covid19 before the trip. They are unexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Any questions? Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t you know if this retreat is for you? Call us at +34627419996 or write to email@example.com and tell us what you are looking for. Communicating and asking all the questions you need, is the best way to check if what we offer fits with what you want or feel like at this moment.
If you want to know more about us, you can also read the opinions of our participants.