April 5 – 9, 2023
We offer some days for understanding and practising how to keep a healthy life style in a unique space, very close to the best beaches of South Portugal.
A retreat where Yoga, Meditation and Ayurveda hold hands together, offering a practice that approaches the Human Being as a whole.
A time for listen and taking care of ourselves.
In this retreat, the Ayurveda will guide us as a common thread though all the practices. Ayurveda is the science of life, a system of natural medicine that comes from India and helps to restore and improve our natural vitality, balance and well-being.
We will have daily sessions of Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, guided meditations and Ayurveda workshops in a beautiful shala with ocean views.
We will also enjoy myofascial release practices, pranayama and silence practices in nature.
There’ll be time to absorb the benefits of being outside in this beautiful place. Each day we’ll go out to discover the unique and unspoilt beaches of this part of Portugal.
The retreat will be host in our favorite retreat centre, Monte Velho: an space of peace and silence, with confortable accommodation, a unique yoga sala and different incredible massage treatments available. Where we will be able to rest and share, to nourish ourselves with organic, delicious and healthy food, and to witness astonishing sunsets
Lurdes Fernández (Lalita) & Paloma Dorado.
Lurdes Fernández (Lalita) defines her life as a journey. Several changes during her life have brought her to the present version of herself, in which the practice and teaching of Yoga and Ayurveda is the core part of her life.
The ayurvedic conception of every human being unique, and at the same time, part and totallity of a system that embodies physical, energetic, emotional and spiritual layers, guides her clinical practice of ayurvedic medicine and yoga teaching.
Ayurveda comes to her life first through Yoga, and then through learning Abhayangam and Ayurvedic Yoga (Kusum Modak) massages in Brasil and Pune (India). The decisive step in the comprehension of Ayurveda and its clinical application occurs during her long training with Dr. Arun Sharma in the Ayuskama Ayurvedic Clinic de Dharamsala (India).
Her yoga practice deep in Hatha, Kundalini, Vinyasa and Yin Yoga, and it’s inspired in different teachers, with special relevance of Harmony Hannigan, Emmanuel Akshobhian o Sandra Carson.
She teaches classes and retreats regularly, and has her own Ayurvedic therapeutic sessions in Madrid.
You can practice with her at home, through her Youtube channel “Ayurveda Path”.in which
Paloma came into contact with meditation 20 years ago, guided by a desire to understand human nature. Passionate about the relationship between science and spirituality, she studied Physical Sciences, and later, she works for the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (CERN), located in Geneva.
At the same time, she trained as a therapist in several energy therapies and energy healing, such as Metamorphic Technique, Reiki, and Mystic Therapy.
After her first meditation retreats, at the age of 22, she found her Spiritual Master, whose guidance and teaching continues to be very present in her day to day life.
She collaborates with the meditation instructor Javier de Salas, as an assistant in retreats and workshops in Spain, United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong and Bali, including the Asia Yoga Conference and the Om Yoga Show festival, in London.
In search of a conscious approach to yoga, she immersed in Nayana Yoga School’s training, enjoying of extending the time in each pose, gently and meditatively.
Later she approached the study of Vedanta in the Sama Yoga School based in Sweden, where she trained as a yoga teacher in this authentic, soft and deep style, which combines classic Hatha yoga asanas with postures of Chi Kung and mantras.
She deepen her yoga education with a yin yoga teacher training.
She currently directs Shama Retreats, a company dedicated to organizing yoga and meditation retreats in nature, together with national and international teachers.
In 2017, she founded Shama Retreats, a company dedicated to organizing nature retreats, with national and international teachers. Since then, she has led this adventure with love, organizing around 16 retreats a year in different countries and teaching in many of them.
Share these days of practice with us
We will stay in Monte Velho, a spacious and secluded retreat center in Carrapateira, in the region of Aljezur, South Portugal.
A family run, self-sustaining retreat and holistic centre with a strong passion for reconnecting its visitors with nature.
Located where south-western Europe sinks into the Atlantic, the region is enriched by the strength of its’ nature, with multiple paths some ending between dunes of fine sand by the ocean, while others on the cliffs by sunset.
The center sits in a stunning elevated, nestled between mountain and sea with a panoramic vista over the ocean.
It has a fully equipped beautifully designed 170 m2 yoga shala, with underfloor heating and a spa, with sauna, turkish bath and several massage options.
All rooms have confortable beds, private bathrooms and cozy heating.
The food is first class, delicious, ecological, local and seasonal, cooked by specialized chefs in vegetarian and vegan cuisine.
Two of the most amazing and long beaches of the region, Praia Amado and Praia Borderia, are are in less than 8 minutes by car from the retreat center.
A unique space to practice, reflect, connect, nourish and rest.
How to get there?
- April 5: Taxis will be leaving Faro airport at 14.00
- April 9: Taxis will be leaving the venue to Faro airport at 12.15
Prices varies from 20 € to 40 € per person/per way, depending on the number of people per taxi.
You can reserve your place in a group taxi from the airport, until one week before the retreat.
If you are in Spain, we can put you in contact with other participants to share the trip by car.
Each day includes:
- Yoga for everyone: asana practice to revitalize, strengthen and empower your body. A more dynamic morning practice will be combined with yin type classes, where we will learn to feel and meditate in the postures.
- Sessions and workshops of introduction to Ayurveda, to understand how to take care of ourselves based on its principles
- Myofascial release techniques.
- Meditation and pranayama workshops.
- Conscious breathing to bring clarity to your mind. Some practices will take place outdoors.
- Guided and silent meditations.
- Connection with nature: excursions to natural spaces to enjoy and to charge ourselves with the energy of the elements.
The group might be international.
The classes will be lead in Spanish, with translation into English if neccesary.
Wednesday, April 5
16.30 Arrival to the retreat venue. Check-in
17.30 – 19.00 Welcome and introduction. Yoga session
20.30 Time for sharing
Thrusday, April 6 – Saturday, April 8
08.00 – 09.30 Yoga and Meditation
10.30 – 13.30 Discovering South Portugal: excursions/ nature/ beach/ trekking
13.30 -16.00Lunch. Resting. Enjoying the venue
16.00 – 17.15 Class/ Ayurveda Workshop
17.30 – 19.00 Hatha Yoga / Yin Yoga/ Myofascial release
21.00 Yoga Nidra
Sunday, April 9
07.30 – 09.00 Yoga and meditation.
10.00 Check out from rooms
10.30 Closing circle
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions and the duration of the trips.
Join these days of Yoga, Ayurveda and nature with us
- All yoga classes, workshops and sessions included in the program, in a beautiful indoor, well equipped yoga shala with ocean views.
- Accommodation in single, double or triple rooms with ensuite bathroom and terrace. All double and triple rooms have two separate bedrooms connected by a door, each one with a double bed or 2 single beds. Therefore, in double rooms, each person sleeps in a different space.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by an experienced chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 3 meals per day.
- Trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful natural beaches and trekkings.
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages.
- Turkish bath.
- Flights tickets and travel insurance.
- Private transport from Faro airport to the retreat center, round trip. (Please check the timetable of the private transport in the program section before booking your flight tickets).
- Transport on the excursions (transportation on excursions will be done in our own cars. If necessary, we would hire a group transport and its cost would be shared among the number of participants who use it. All the excursions are close by to the venue, between 10 and 25 minutues by car)
SPECIAL DISCOUNT IF YOU JOIN WITH A FRIEND
80€ discount for each of you.
Discount code: AMIGO
Total Price per person. All inclusive
Triple shared room, with one ensuite bathroom and terrace.
The triple room has two separated bedrooms, each one with two beds. The total capacity is four people but you will stay three in total, all with the same gender. Two people will stay in one bedroom and one person in the other bedroom.
Double room for couples. Double bed and private bathroom.
Double shared room, with one ensuite bathroom and terrace.
The double room has two separated bedrooms, each one with a double bed. You will share the room with one person of the same gender. Each of you will stay in a different bedroom.
Single room: large double bedroom used as single, with ensuite bathroom and terrace.
Single room: large double bedroom used as single, with a double bed and private ensuite bathroom. The room will be only for you.
Booking and payment policy:
– To book and secure your place, we request a 150 € deposit.
– You can click on the blue button “Book your place” below, fill in your data and pay the deposit online.
– Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will recieve a confirmation email)
– The balance should be paid before March 5. If you book your place after that date, the full payment of the retreat is requested.
– If you come alone and want to stay in a triple or double room, you will share with a person of the same gender.
IMPORTANT: We can not guarantee that you will have a roommate (sometimes we are odd or there aren’t people of the same gender who request a shared room).
In the unlikely event that there isn’t any other person of the same gender whom you can share the room with, you can have the room for your own but you will be requested to pay the price of a single room.
– If you cancel at any moment before February 20, we will refund you the full amount paid, except the deposit, which could be used as a credit for another retreat during 1 year.
– If your cancellation takes place between February 20 and March 5, we will refund the total amount you has paid, less the deposit. The deposit won’t be refunded.
– If your cancellation takes place after March 5, your payment won’t be refunded, under any circumstances.
– At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
– In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled, we will also refund the full amount paid.
– Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that wouldn’t has paid directly to us, won’t be refund.
Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accomodations cost if you stay before or after the retreat in Portugal, etc), if you have to cancel your trip. They are unexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Any questions? Write us: email@example.com
Don't you know if this retreat is for you?
Call us at +34627419996 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you are looking for. Communicating and asking all the questions you need, is the best way to check if what we offer fits with what you want or feel like at this moment.