August 7 – 12, 2023
We invite you to deep dive on a journey to our inner peace throughout a combination of yoga practices, meditation techniques and being in contact with nature’s serenity.
The silence and peace of this unique place will accompany us in the exploration and deepening in the practice, as a tool of self-knowledge.
Each day we’ll have yoga sessions aimed to reach energetic balance, that will awaken body awareness, strengthening and relaxing the body and mind. Each movement will be an oportunity to grow our inner peace, through the practices of hatha yoga, yin yoga, restorative yoga or the stillness of yoga nidra.
We’ll have specific workshops on meditation techniques, breathing techniques and myofascial release.
We’ll colaborate with the meditation instructor Javier de Salas, who will run a meditation retreat at the same time, in the same space, so we’ll have the unique opportunity to attend to some of his classes and sessions.
You’ll be able to design your own program in the retreat according to your previous experience and your needs, dedicating as much time to the practice as you wish, from the the first hours of sunrise until the night guided relaxation practices, under the stars.
Each day we’ll offer trips to nature all together, with time to enjoy the breeze of the ocean and to have a bath at the long, tranquil and not so much visited beaches of South Portugal, even in August.
A transformative journey to the inner peace, harmony and connection with yourself, that will give you tools to build and maintein a daily practice, or to go deep in it, if you already have one.
Paloma started to pratice meditation 20 years ago, guided by a deep wish of understanding human nature.
Passionate about the relationship between science and spirituality, she studied Physical Sciences, and later, worked for the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (CERN), located in Geneva.
At the same time, she trained as a therapist in several energy therapies and energy healing, such as Metamorphic Technique, Reiki, and Mystic Therapy.
After her first meditation retreats, at the age of 22, she found her Spiritual Master, whose guidance and teaching continues to be very present in her day to day life.
She collaborates with the meditation instructor Javier de Salas, as an assistant in retreats and workshops in Spain, United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong and Bali, including the Asia Yoga Conference and the Om Yoga Show festival, in London.
In search of a conscious approach to yoga, she immersed in Nayana Yoga School’s training, enjoying of extending the time in each pose, gently and meditatively.
She deepened her yoga education with a yin yoga teacher training. She approached the study of Vedanta, in the Sama Yoga School, training as a yoga teacher in this authentic, soft and deep style, which combines classic Hatha yoga asanas with postures of Chi Kung and mantras.
She currently directs Shama Retreats, a company dedicated to organizing yoga and meditation retreats in nature, together with national and international teachers.
Javier de Salas
With a wide experience and knowledge in the contemplative practices, Javier de Salas is a guide and a mentor to a lot of practitioners in their search for inner peace.
Javier has dedicated a great part of his life to the study and practice of meditation, reflection and self-knowledge.
After graduating in International Bussiness at the Polytechnic School of Plymouth, he felt the call of the self-development world and alternative healing therapies.
Certified consultant in natural health and yoga therapy instructor (taught by Miguel Fraile), he started to train as a meditation instructor in 1992.
For more than 25 years, he’s been running retreats and workshops all around the world, sharing the meditation and energy healing therapies in countries such as Japan, United Kingdom, Ireland, Austria, etc and recently doing meditation trainings for China.
His practical approach, his ability to communicate in a clear way, and his deep commitment with the journey of self-knowledge, make him a valuable mentor to those looking after developing and keeping a meditation practice in their lives and experiencing the benefits in their everyday lives.
Dive into the essence of yoga and meditation with us
We will stay in Monte Velho, a spacious and secluded retreat center in Carrapateira, in the region of Aljezur, South Portugal.
A family run, self-sustaining retreat and holistic centre with a strong passion for reconnecting its visitors with nature.
Located where south-western Europe sinks into the Atlantic, the region is enriched by the strength of its’ nature, with multiple paths some ending between dunes of fine sand by the ocean, while others on the cliffs by sunset.
The center sits in a stunning elevated, nestled between mountain and sea with a panoramic vista over the ocean.
It has a fully equipped beautifully designed 170 m2 yoga shala, with underfloor heating and a spa, with sauna, turkish bath and several massage options.
All rooms have confortable beds, private bathrooms and cozy heating during winter.
The food is first class, delicious, ecological, local and seasonal, cooked by specialized chefs in vegetarian and vegan cuisine.
Two of the most amazing and long beaches of the region, Praia Amado and Praia Borderia, are are in less than 8 minutes by car from the retreat center.
A unique space to practice, reflect, connect, nourish and rest.
How to get there?
- August 7: Taxis will be leaving Faro airport at 14.00
- August 12: Taxis will be leaving the venue to Faro airport at 12.15
Prices varies from 20 € to 40 € per person/per way, depending on the number of people per taxi.
You can reserve your place in a group taxi from the airport, until one week before the retreat starts. We’ll let you know the final price and availability once we have all the applications.
If you prefer to come by public transport, there are some buses from Faro and Lagos, to Vila do Bispo, the nearest village. From there, you can take a taxi (15 min) to the retreat centre.
If you are in Spain, we can put you in contact with other participants to share the trip by car.
Each day includes:
- Yoga for everyone: asana practice to revitalize, strengthen and empower your body and balance your energetic system. A more dynamic morning practice will be combined with yin type classes in the afternoon, where we will learn to feel and meditate in the postures. Hatha, Hatha-Vinyasa, yin, restorative yoga and yoga nidra. We will take care of each person, making sure that the practice adapts to him/her, regardless of the previous experience.
Guided relaxation and energy healing.
- Tools to create a personal practice of daily meditation.
Connection with nature: excursions to natural spaces to enjoy and to charge ourselves with the energy of the elements.
- Time for you, to rest with the silence of the place and absorb the energy of nature.
Monday, August 7
16.00 – 17.00 Arrival to the retreat venue. Check-in.
17.45 – 18.15 Welcome and introduction.
18.15 – 20.00 Sama yoga class and yoga nidra.
Tuesday 8 to Friday 11, August
06.45 – 07.45 Guided silent meditation (guided by Javier de Salas)
08.00 – 09.30 Hatha yoga. Approach to the theme of the day.
11.00 – 13.45 Connecting with nature. Trips to the most amazing beaches nearby.
15.15 – 17.00 Resting. Enjoying the venue.
17.00 – 18.30 Shala 1: Guided relaxation and energy healing (Javier de Salas)
Shala 2: Deepening workshop (pranayama/meditation/myofascial release) (Paloma Dorado)
18.45 – 20.00 Yin Yoga.
21.30 Yoga Nidra.
Saturday, August 12
06.45 – 07.45 Silent meditation (guided by Javier de Salas)
08.00 – 09.30 Hatha Yoga.
10.00 Check-out from the rooms.
11.00 Farewell session.
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions and the duration of the trips.
Deepen in the practice enjoying the sea and the tranquility of nature
- All yoga classes, workshops and sessions included in the program, in a beautiful indoor, well equipped yoga shala with ocean views.
- Accommodation in single, double or triple rooms with ensuite bathroom and terrace. All double and triple rooms have two separate bedrooms connected by a door, each one with a double bed or 2 single beds. Therefore, in double rooms, each person sleeps in a different space.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by an experienced chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 3 meals per day.
- Trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful natural beaches and trekkings.
- Liability insurance.
- IVA (21%)
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages.
- Turkish bath.
- Flights tickets and travel insurance.
- Private transport from Faro airport to the retreat center, round trip. (Please check the timetable of the private transport in the program section before booking your flight tickets).
- Transport on the excursions (transportation on excursions will be done in our own cars. If necessary, we would hire a group transport and its cost would be shared among the number of participants who use it. All the excursions are close by to the venue, between 10 and 25 minutues by car).
Total Price per person. All inclusive
Triple shared room, with one ensuite bathroom and terrace.
The triple room has two separated bedrooms, each one with two beds. The total capacity is four people but you will stay three in total, all with the same gender. Two people will stay in one bedroom and one person in the other bedroom, and will share the bathroom.
Double shared room, with one ensuite bathroom and terrace.
The double room has two separated bedrooms, each one with a double bed. You will share the room with one person of the same gender. Each of you will stay in a different bedroom and will share the bathroom.
Single room: large double bedroom used as single, with ensuite bathroom and terrace.
Single room: large double bedroom used as single, with a double bed and private ensuite bathroom. The room will be only for you.
What our participants say?
Don't you know if this retreat is for you?
Call us at +34627419996 or write to email@example.com and tell us what you are looking for. Communicating and asking all the questions you need, is the best way to check if what we offer fits with what you want or feel like at this moment.
Booking and payment policy:
– To book and secure your place, we request a 200 € deposit.
– You can click on the blue button “Book your place” below, fill in your data and pay the deposit online.
– Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will recieve a confirmation email)
– The balance should be paid before July 1. If you book your place after that date, the full payment of the retreat is requested.
– If you come alone and want to stay in a triple or double room, you will share with a person of the same gender.
IMPORTANT: We can not guarantee that you will have a roommate (sometimes we are odd or there aren’t people of the same gender who request a shared room).
In the unlikely event that there isn’t any other person of the same gender whom you can share the room with, you can have the room for your own but you will be requested to pay the price of a single room.
– If you cancel at any moment before July 1st, we will refund you the full amount paid, except the deposit. The deposit won’t be refunded.
– If your cancellation takes place after July 1st, no payment will be refunded, under any circumstances.
– At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
– In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled, we will also be refund the full amount paid.
– Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that wouldn’t has paid directly to us, won’t be refund.
Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accomodations cost if you stay before or after the retreat in Portugal, etc), if you have to cancel your trip. They are unexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Any questions? Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org