Take a deep breath and feel the pure blessing of a sunny escape before the autumn starts. Join Joan Hyman in this beautiful location in the south of Portugal!
Practice yoga in a pristine setting with an abundance of nature and miles of fine sand and clear waters.
This all-inclusive retreat is a perfect combination of nourishing yoga practices lead by the senior experienced teacher Joan Hyman, meditation and guided relaxation practices, unique beaches, nature trips, high comfort accomodation and a selection of delicious and healthy organic food.
Joan has a lot of experience leading world wide yoga retreats and led her first retreat in 2007. She continues to spread her love for yoga and traveling and has led retreats in exquisite settings all around the world.
Teaming up with Paloma Dorado and Shama Retreats, you will be guided to both, an experience of high quality yoga practice and a exquisite, natural and relaxing atmosphere that allow you to reset, heal and renew yourself.
You will experience an oasis of tranquility that gives you the space you need to improve, reinforce or return to your practice.
Joan will lead you in delicious long daily morning and evening yoga classes. Some of the evening will be dedicated to yoga workshops that help you to understand better how to personalize your yoga practice so it fits in your body.
In the evening, you will be immersed in silent meditation, guided relaxation and energy healing practices with Paloma Dorado, to experience the peace and the stillness within ourselves.
All levels are welcome! We will tailor to each individual, so that everyone is sure to get the most out of their practice!
The daily program will be enriched with trips to the most special beaches out of the turistic tracks, organized by us with care and love, to allow you to discover this calm region of South Portugal without having to plan, prepare, think how to reach each spot or pay any extra.
We will feel the healing power of nature , that help us to integrate the positive and new mindset that yoga can bring into our daily life.
The group will be small, to take care of each detail with time and dedication.
Joan Hyman’s grounded teaching style seamlessly supports her students as they emerge from their practice with the rich and bright energy that yoga has to offer. It is here that the space is created for her students to deepen their personal journey while aligning with the teachings of true yogic traditions.
Joan’s teachings come from an organic and intuitive place, as she draws upon the combination Ayurveda, meditation, as well as the studies of Ashtanga and Iyengar yoga.
An authentic modern day yogi, Joan’s love and devotion show up in her practice and through her teachings.
With over twenty years of experience leading retreats, trainings, and workshops worldwide – fifteen of which as a distinguished YogaWorks senior teacher. As Director of Teacher Trainings, Joan collaborates with teachers who are experts in their field of study with the goal to create an eclectic training program for students at any level.
As a leader in the Los Angeles yoga community, Joan also contributes to popular blogs such as The Daily Love, Elephant Journal, and Wanderlust. She has been featured in Yoga Journal, ORIGIN Magazine and Women’s Health for her advice and expertise on health and wellness.
Joan’s openhearted approach to teaching yoga keeps both her inner spirit and her students continuously evolving.
You can find out more about Joan at www.joanhyman.com
We will stay in Monte Velho, a spacious and secluded retreat center in Carrapateira, in the region of Aljezur, South Portugal.
A family run, self-sustaining retreat and holistic centre with a strong passion for reconnecting its visitors with nature.
Located where south-western Europe sinks into the Atlantic, the region is enriched by the strength of its’ nature, with multiple paths some ending between dunes of fine sand by the ocean, while others on the cliffs by sunset.
The center sits in a stunning elevated, nestled between mountain and sea with a panoramic vista over the ocean.
In September, the days are still sunny and long and we may enjoy the large gardens for relaxing and reading and the open dinning room during the meals.
The center have a fully equipped yoga shala, a outdoor yoga deck, and a spa with several massage options
All rooms have confortable beds and private bathrooms.
The food is first class, delicious, ecological, local and seasonal, cooked by specialized chefs in vegetarian and vegan cuisine.
Two of the most amazing and long beaches of the region, Praia Amado and Praia Borderia, are are in less than 8 minutes by car from the retreat center (the transport to the beach is included)
You can reach this magic place in just one an hour and an 15 min from Faro airport (transport from the airport included), which have direct and affordable flight options from most European main cities.
A unique space to practice, reflect, connect, nourish and rest.
Sample Daily Schedule (*)
Monday September 13, 2021
14.30 – Bus leaves from Faro airport to the retreat veune.
16.00 – Arrival to the retreat venue. Check- in
17.30 – Welcome. Introduction class.
19.00 – Dinner
From Tuesday September 14 to Friday September 17, 2021
07:30 – 09.00 Energizing morning: yoga class with Joan Hyman
10.00 – 13.00 Discovering South Portugal: excursions/ nature/ beach/ treking
13.00 – Lunch
14.00 – Resting. Enjoying the venue
17.00 – 18.30 Restore and renew: Afternoon yoga class/workshop with Joan Hyman.
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner
20.30 – 21.30 Relaxing Evening: Meditation / Guided Relaxation /Engery Healing with Paloma Dorado
Saturday September 18, 2021
07. 30 Yoga practice.
10.00 Check- out from the rooms
10.45 Farewell session
12.00 Departures to Faro airport
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions and the duration of the trips.
- Accommodation in single, double or triple bedrooms with ensuite bathroom (single bedrooms are double bedrooms that you can have for your own)
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by an experienced chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 3 meals per day
- Yoga classes/workshops with Joan Hyman in a beautiful indoor yoga shala.
- Evening meditation, guided relaxation and healing with Paloma Dorado.
- Trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful natural beaches
- Transport on the excursions.
- Private transport from Faro airport to the retreat center, round trip. (Please check the timetable of the transport in the program before purchasing your flight tickets)
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages and energy healing
- Turkish bath
Flights tickets and travel insurance are not included
Check our Early Bird discounts!
Prices per person all included:
Until July 15, 2021 – Early Bird. 80 € discount, for the first 6 places. (Discount code: SHAMAEARLYBIRD)
DISCOUNTED SPACES SOLD OUT
- Option 1. Triple shared bedroom, with private bathroom: 1050 € per person (you will share the room with 2 more people of the same gender)
- Option 2: Double shared bedroom, private bathroom: 1160 € per person. (you will share the room with 1 more person of the same gender)
- Option 3: Single bedroom: double bedroom used as single, with a large double bed and private bathroom: 1340 € per person (the bedroom will be only for you)
From July 15, 2021 (or after the 6 first places are booked)- Normal Price
- Option 0. Large dorm with 6 beds (for a maximum occupation of 4 people). The bathrooms are outside, in a independent cabin, 100 metros away from the dorm. A natural experience for those looking for simplicity: 980 € per person (you will share the room with a maximum of 3 more people of the same gender)
- Option 1. Triple shared bedroom, with private bathroom: 1130 € per person (you will share the room with 2 more people of the same gender)
- Option 2: Double shared bedroom, private bathroom: 1240 € per person. (you will share the room with 1 more person of the same gender)
- Option 3: Single bedroom: double bedroom used as single, with a large double bed and private bathroom: 1420 € per person (the bedroom will be only for you)
Booking and payment policy:
– To book and secure your place, we request a 250 € deposit.
– You can press the blue button below “Book your place”, fill in your data and pay the deposit online. Before paying, you can include our discount code: SHAMAEARLYBIRD. If you are one of the first 6 people to book, a discount of 80 euros will apply automatically.
– Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will recieve a confirmation email)
– The balance should be paid before August 15, 2021.
– If you come alone and want to stay in a double room, you will share with a person of the same gender.
IMPORTANT: We cannot guarantee that you will have a roommate (sometimes we are odd or there aren’t people of the same gender who request a shared room).
In the unlikely event that there isn’t any other person of the same gender whom you can share the room with, you can have the room for your own but you will be requested to pay the price of a single room.
Special covid19 cancelation policy:
– If cancellation takes place before July 15, you will receive a full refund.
– If cancellation takes place between July 15 and August 15, the total amount will be refunded, less the deposit.
-If cancellation takes place after August 15, you won’t receive any refund but you could keep the 50% of your payment in a voucher for a future retreat. The voucher could be used for 2 years in any of our retreats.
– At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
– If due to the COVID19 health crisis, new measures were decreed that would prevent the retreat from being carried out, the full amount paid would be refund.
– In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled for another reason, the full amount paid will also be refund.
– Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that isn’t paid directly to us, won’t be refund.
Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accomodations cost if you stay before or after the retreat in Portugal, etc), if you have to cancel your trip because you or a close relative get positive in covid19 before the trip. They are unexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Any questions? Write us: email@example.com