“It is through your body that you realize you are a spark of divinity” – B.K.S. Iyengar
Make a meaningful break and feel the effects of some warm days of yoga, sunshine, sea and nourishment in many ways.
This all-inclusive retreat, that will allow you to improve your practice and at the same time, rest, connect and takes inspiration back home.
We will be exploring and practicing how to take the yoga practice off the mat and into our daily life. The group will be small, to take care of each detail with time and dedication.
Everyday, we will experience a daily physical practice of yoga, a pinch of philosophy, short restorative and recharging sequences and guided meditation.
The relaxing atmosphere of the coast of Javea, with an average of 325 sunny days per year, and the natural reserve that will surround us, will help us to restore and deeply integrate the benefits of the yoga practice and the contact with nature.
After this retreat you will feel energized, relaxed and radiant.
The yoga practices will be inspired by the Iyengar style, paying attention to the individual alignment, to safely build up your own practice.
Adela will lead a long daily workshop like class in the morning, to wake up the body and mind. When possible, the class will take place in the covered terrace of the villa, with fresh air and unique views to sea.
In the afternoons, Adela will teach more Vinyasa Flow sequences followed by a few restorative poses. Her extensive anatomy knowledge, will give us a deeper insight of how to take care of ourselves.
During the retreat, there will be a simple approach to the yoga philosophy and we will explore how different poses can affect our physical body and state of mind.
Some of the evenings, we will enjoy guided meditation and relaxation sessions with Paloma Dorado, to experience the peace and the stillness within ourselves.
The program will also include trips to the most beautiful and pristine beaches of the nature reserve, unique coves, snorkelling spots, trekking and natural viewpoints.
A real immersion in nature guided with local people, far away from tourist attractions and habits.
The unique location of our home for these days, at the boundary of Jávea’s Granadella Natural Park and close to Montgó Natural Reserve, will allow us to discover the most beautiful natural spots of the regions in a few kms.
These areas of natural beauty have impressed artists, photographers and nature lovers throughout the years.
We will be impressed by the mountains introducing abruptly into the sea, offering some beautiful capes.
We will enjoy this landscape from several trekking paths and strategically placed viewpoints from where we will admire, the rich seabeds, abundant in posidonia algae, that give it a gorgeous turquoise colour to the water.
We will have baths in the clean, warm and light blue Mediterranean Sea, relax in its beautiful beaches and discover its coves.
We strongly recommend to bring your own snorkelling glasses and tube, or renting it there, to exploring the colourful marine life.
All excursions and transport are included in the price.
Adela is a certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher, with extensive anatomy knowledge and a compassionate and skillful approach to yoga.
Her yoga journey started in New York while she was facing a major change in her life; motherhood. Practicing Yoga helped her to feel more at home with herself and her changing circumstances.
She felt inspired to teach thanks to one of her first teachers in New York, Jenny Aurthur who as she says: “Literally pulled out the best of me and helped me in my journey.” She learn from Maty Ezraty and Carrie Owerko, great sources of inspiration in her New York years.
In Amsterdam, she became a certified Iyengar teacher with the help of Barbara Queirolo, Kristien Van Reusel and Rembert Petrus. She also specializes in injury prevention and injury recovery.
Her anatomy knowledge makes her teaching style very safe but also challenging for all levels. According to the old Yoga teachings, her classes bring attention to the poses and movements/actions as a way to access a more refined body and mind awareness.
“I like to demystify complex concepts to make the practice of Yoga applicable to everyday life, I am a devoted student and practitioner and I bring my all in every class I teach.” Adela Serrano
She likes to call her life, her family, relationships and her students her true teachers.
After living in different countries since 2000, Adela, originally from Spain, lives and teaches in the Netherlands.
Adela teaches classes and workshops in Amsterdam, The Hague and for online yoga studio EkhartYoga.com, with more than 800.000 students all over the world.
You can find her on www.adelaserranoyoga.com and EkhartYoga.com
We will stay in a charming and secluded luxury villa, with all modern comforts, located in the Javea region, on the east coast of Spain.
It is approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes distance from Alicante airport (transport included), which have direct and affordable flight options from most European main cities.
This south-facing and full of light villa, overlooks the protected cove of La Granadella, which has been voted as being one of the most beautiful coves in Spain.
Built in traditional Mediterranean style, the main house has an infinity pool heated with solar panels, an outdoor jacuzzi and each of three levels of the house, have spectacular picture-window views of the cove below.
The fabulous large terraces are ideal for sitting back and enjoying the open views, and also for our outdoor yoga classes.
All rooms have air-conditioning, comfortable beds and new bathrooms.
The food is first class, delicious, local and seasonal. We hire a private chef for the retreat week, specialized in healthy nutrition, vegetarian and vegan cuisine, who will cook a variety of local and international dishes for us.
Sample Daily Schedule (*)
Sunday June 7, 2020
15.30 – Bus departures from Alicante airport to the retreat venue
17.00 – Arrival to the retreat venue. Check- in
18.00 – Welcome. Introduction class
20.00 – Dinner
From Monday June 8 to Thrusday June 11
8.30 – Yoga practice
10.30 – Brunch
11.30 – Excursion to one of the near beautiful beaches or treeking
17.00 – Yoga practice
19.30 – Dinner
20.30 – Yoga Nidra/Meditation
Friday June 12
8.30 – Yoga practice and farewell session
10.00 – Brunch
11.00 – Check- out. Bus departures to Málaga airport
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions and the duration of the trips.
- Accommodation in double rooms, in a beautiful villa with stunning sea views.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by an experienced chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 2 meals per day: Bruch and dinner.
- Coffee, teas, water, fruits and nuts available all day long.
- Use of the infinite swimming-pool and outdoor jacuzzi.
- All morning yoga classes with Adela Serrano (Iyengar tradition or Vinyasa Flow)
- Afternoon Iyengar workshops with Adela Serrano
- Evening Meditation with Paloma Dorado
- Trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful natural beaches and treekings
- Transport on the excursions.
- Private transport from Alicante airport to the retreat center, round trip. (Please check the timetable of the transport in the program before purchasing your flight tickets)
On request (at additional cost):
- Several types of massages and energy healing (on request at arrival)
Flights tickets and travel insurance are not included
Check our Early Bird discounts!
Prices per person and retreat, all included:
Until February 15 – Very Early Bird . Special 150 € discount only for the first 4 registrations.
- Option 1: Double shared room, shared bathroom: 880 € per person. The bathroom will be shared between 2 bedrooms.
- Option 2. Large triple shared room, with private bathroom: 880 €. Only 1 room of this type.
- Option 3: Double shared room, private bathroom: 980 € per person.
Until April 1 – Early Bird. 80 € discount.
- Option 1: Double shared room, shared bathroom: 950€ per person. The bathroom will be shared between 2 bedrooms.
- Option 2. Large triple shared room, with private bathroom: 950€. Only 1 room of this type.
- Option 3: Double shared room, private bathroom: 1050€ per person.
From April 1 – Normal Price
- Option 1: Double shared room, shared bathroom: 1030€ per person. The bathroom will be shared between 2 rooms.
- Option 2. Large triple shared room, with private bathroom: 1030 €. Only 1 room of this type.
- Option 3: Double shared room, private bathroom: 1130 € per person.
– To secure your retreat booking, we request a 250 € deposit.
– Once you click on “Book your place now”, and send the registration form, you will receive a link for the on-line payment of the deposit.
– Balance payment is due before April 1, 2020. If you book after that date, you will be asked to directly pay the full amount.
Booking and cancelation policy:
– If you are travelling solo, and choose a double room, you will share with a same gender person. If you book a double room, but once the registrations are finished, there wouldn’t be any same gender person to share with, you may have the double room for your own but you will be asked to pay the individual room supplement.
– In case of cancellation, the deposit will not be returned under any circumstance
– If cancellation takes place before April 1, 70% of the total payment minus the deposit will be returned. Deposit will not be returned.
– If cancellation takes place between April 1 and May 1, 50 % of total payment minus deposit will be returned. Deposit wont be returned.
– If cancellation takes place after May 1 there will be no reimbursement. In such circumstance you could use your reservation for a future retreat or else hand it over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc)
In the unlikely event that Shama Retreats has to cancel the retreat, your booking payment will be refunded in full inmediately. Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets, won’t be refund.
Any questions? Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org