May 9 – 14, 2022
with Sandra Carson.
Six days with movement, meditation, contemplation, conversation and joy, surrounded by beautiful nature.
Everything all people wish for is linked in one way or the other with authenticity; the longing for peace, for freedom, for aliveness and consciousness.
These and more will all become available to you once you become more aligned with you are at heart.
One of our deepest desires as human beings is the full expression of ourselves, the expression of who we truly are in our essence. Even though we might not always be able to recognize who we are in the moment, we certainly feel it when we are not.
Aligning with who you are in your heart, does not require hard work, lots of studying or accumulating more. But it does take some courage. And a lot of love. Becoming authentically you is mostly a process of letting go.
Releasing of all the things that you unconsciously picked up in your life to feel good enough. It is a practice of shining the light of your awareness on the things you love about yourself. The courage to show up for yourself. And to dare and be yourself and to be loved because of that!
During these days in an beautiful retreat center in South Portugal, you will be able to step out of your daily life and focus on just that. Letting go the unwanted habits that you learned, dropping the things that are not you, enlightening yourself by creating an intimate relationship with yourself and feeling the delight of alignment with your core self!
Together with an intimate group of likeminded people, you will be given the space to drop deeper into yourself, release your protective shields and connect in an honest, heartfelt way.
You will receive daily yoga, movement and meditation classes, breathing practices, yoga nidra, talks, (written) assignments and partner sharing exercises. You will also receive stress release sessions to help your body let go of tension and open up space for energy.
You will enjoy delicious, freshly prepared vegetarian foods, take hikes in nature and cool off in the ocean.
You will also have time for yourself, for resting, walking along the beach, observing the sea, the sunsets and the stars and absorbing the magic of this wonderful place.
Sandra Carson is a knowledgeable and insightful yoga teacher who has been teaching internationally for the last 20 years.
Her teaching style is rooted in alignment and the cultivation of body awareness through the sensory body. Sandra’s background is Vinyasa Flow, Anusara yoga, therapeutics and Tantra.
She became a Yoga Alliance certified teacher in the USA in 2001. She is also a Anusara® certified teacher and an Experienced Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (E-RYT500). She teaches workshops and retreats in different countries, Yoga Teacher trainings and Advanced Yoga Teacher trainings.
Her unique yoga classes are a mix of flow and alignment and mostly dynamic and energizing in nature. They invite you to step up and curiously explore your abilities while respecting your boundary. Sandra encourages you to listen intimately and choose what serves you in every moment by offering modifications and variations throughout the practice.
Over the past years, Sandra has been specializing more in the pelvis and psoas.
Share these beautiful retreat days with us
We will stay in Monte Velho, a spacious and secluded retreat center in Carrapateira, in the region of Aljezur, South Portugal.
A family run, self-sustaining retreat and holistic centre with a strong passion for reconnecting its visitors with nature.
Located where south-western Europe sinks into the Atlantic, the region is enriched by the strength of its’ nature, with multiple paths some ending between dunes of fine sand by the ocean, while others on the cliffs by sunset.
The center sits in a stunning elevated, nestled between mountain and sea with a panoramic vista over the ocean.
The center have a fully equipped beautifully designed 170 m2 yoga shala, with underfloor heating and a spa, with sauna, turkish bath and several massage options,
All rooms have confortable beds, private bathrooms and cozy heating.
The food is first class, delicious, ecological, local and seasonal, cooked by specialized chefs in vegetarian and vegan cuisine.
Two of the most amazing and long beaches of the region, Praia Amado and Praia Borderia, are are in less than 8 minutes by car from the retreat center.
A unique space to practice, reflect, connect, nourish and rest.
How to get there?
You can reach this magic place in just one hour and 15 minutes from Faro airport, which has direct and affordable flight options from most European main cities.
If you want to book a taxi from the airport, we can group to you with other participants, so you can have an easier and cheaper trip.
Group taxis will be available from the airport to the venue, round trip, on the arrival and departure days.
- May 9: Group taxis will leave Faro airport at 14.30
- May 14: Group taxis will leave the venue to Faro airport at 12.15
Prices varies depending on the number of people per taxi, from 25 € to 40 € per person/per trip, for a minimum of 3 people. You can book your place in a group taxi until one week before the retreat.
There are also public transport options from Faro and Lagos.
Each day includes:
- Movement. Asana practice to revitalize, strengthen and empower your body. A more dynamic morning practice and a softer, restaurative or tension release excercise (TRE) practice in the afternoon.
- Conscious breathing or pranayama to bring clarity to your mind. Some practices will take place outdoors.
- Guided and silent meditation.
- Talks, (written) assignments and partner sharing exercises.
- Silent time
- Guided relaxation, yoga nidra and energy healing.
- Connection with nature: excursions to natural spaces, practising to observe the beauty of simplicity, to enjoy and to charge ourselves with the energy of the elements.
Monday, May 9
16.00 – Arrival to the retreat venue. Check-in
17.30 – Welcome and introduction.
18.15 – Yoga session
19.30 – Dinner
From Tuesady May 10 to Friday May 13
07.30 – 09.00 Morning yoga class and meditation
10.45 – 13.00 Excursion to natural places (beaches, hikes), including meditative walks and breathing excercises
13.30 – Lunch
14.30 – Resting. Enjoying the venue
16.30 – 17.45 Talk and assignment. Sharing excercices
18.00 – 19.15 Afternoon session (TRE, yin yoga myofascial release o yoga nidra)
20.45 – 21.30 Evening session (some evenings)
Saturday, May 14
07.30 – 09.00 Morning yoga class and meditation
09.00 – 10.00 Farewell session
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions and the duration of the trips
Enjoy the tranquility of nature and yoga.
- Accommodation in single or double rooms with ensuite bathroom. All double rooms, have two separated sleeping bedrooms, with a double bed in each one.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by an experienced chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 3 meals per day
- All yoga classes, meditation and sessions included in the program, in a beautiful indoor, well equipped yoga shala.
- Trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful natural beaches and trekkings.
- Transport on the excursions.
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages and energy healing.
- Turkish bath
- Flights tickets and travel insurance.
- Transport from Faro airport to the retreat center, round trip. (Please check the timetable of the transport in the program section before booking your flight tickets)
Early Bird discount: 150€
Only for the first 6 places
Until March 1, 2022
(Use the discount code: SHAMAEARLYBIRD)
One place in a double shared room, with one ensuite bathroom.
Total price per person
Until March 1st: 980€
After March 1st: 1130€
The double room has two separated bedrooms, each one with a double bed. You will share the room with one person of the same gender. Each of you will stay in a different bedroom.
Single room: large double bedroom used as single.
Total price per person
Until March 1st: 1180€
After March 1st: 1330€
Large bedroom used as single, with a double bed and private ensuite bathroom. The room will be only for you.
Booking and payment policy:
– To book and secure your place, we request a 250 € deposit.
– You can press the blue button below “Book your place”, fill in your data and pay the deposit online.
– Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will recieve a confirmation email)
- The balance should be paid before March 1. If you book after that date, we request the full payment of the retreat.
- If you come alone and want to stay in a double room, you will share with a person of the same gender.
IMPORTANT: We cannot guarantee that you will have a roommate (sometimes we are odd or there aren’t people of the same gender who request a shared room). In the unlikely event that there isn’t any other person of the same gender whom you can share the room with, you can have the room for your own but you will be requested to pay the price of a single room.
Special covid19 cancelation policy:
Cancelations due to any of these two covid – related reasons: it is requested to quarentine at your return to your country or you are positive in covid (and you send us a copy of the positive test)
– If you cancel at any moment, until one week before the retreat, for any of these two covid – related reasons, we will refund you the full amount paid, except the deposit, which could be used as a credit for another retreat during the next 2 years.
– If your cancellation takes place during the last week before the retreat until the day before the retreat, we will refund you the 50% of the full amount paid. The other 50% could be used as a credit for another retreat during the next 2 years.
Cancelations due to other reasons:
– If your cancellation takes place before April 1, (due to different reasons to the ones indicated above), we will refund the total amount you has paid, less the deposit. The deposit won’t be refunded.
– If your cancellation takes place after April 1 (due to different reasons to the ones indicated above), your payment will not be refunded.
– At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
– If due to the COVID19 health crisis, new measures were decreed that would prevent the retreat from being carried out, we will refund you the full amount paid.
– In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled for another reason, we will also be refund the full amount paid.
– Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that isn’t paid directly to us, won’t be refund. Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accomodations cost if you stay before or after the retreat in Portugal, etc), if you have to cancel your trip because you or a close relative get positive in covid19 before the trip. They are unexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Call us at +34627419996 or write to email@example.com and tell us what you are looking for.
Communicating and asking all the questions you need, is the best way to check if what we offer fits with what you want or feel like at this moment.