October 8 – 12, 2022
through our body, breath and mind"
Iyengar Yoga Retreat with Adela Serrano
“It is through your body that you realize you are a spark of divinity” – B.K.S. Iyengar
Make a meaningful break and feel the effects of some warm days of yoga, sunshine, sea and nourishment in many ways.
This all-inclusive retreat will allow you to deepen the understanding of your practice,to rest, to connect and will give you tools to sustain a simple daily yoga routine.
We will be exploring and practicing how to take the yoga practice off the mat and into our daily life. The group will be small, to take care of each detail with time and dedication.
Everyday we will go through an early morning practice of pranayama and asana, we will introduce a theme of the day that we will explore in relation to the practice and to the surrounding nature, there will also be energy work, walking and guided meditations.
After this retreat you will feel energized, relaxed and radiant.
The yoga practices will be inspired by the Iyengar style, paying attention to the individual alignment, to safely build up your own practice.
Adela will lead a daily morning class, to wake up the body, breath and spirit. When possible, the class will take place in the terrace of the villa, with fresh air and unique views to sea.
In the afternoons, Adela will guide you through some simple energy work practices and restorative yoga class sequences.
The thread of the retreat will be the connection to ourselves and to nature through the awareness of our bodies, breath and mind, this will be presented in a practical manner so that you can take these practices to heart and home with you for the rest of your life.
During the retreat, there will also be a simple approach to the yoga philosophy and we will explore how different poses can affect our physical body and state of mind.
Some of the evenings, we will enjoy guided meditation and relaxation sessions with Paloma Dorado, to experience the peace and the stillness within ourselves.
The program will also include trips to the most beautiful and pristine beaches of the nature reserve, unique coves, trekking and natural viewpoints.
A real immersion in nature guided with local people, far away from tourist attractions and habits.
Adela is a certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher, with extensive anatomy knowledge and a compassionate and skillful approach to yoga.
Her yoga journey started in New York while she was facing a major change in her life; motherhood. Practicing Yoga helped her to feel more at home with herself and her changing circumstances.
She felt inspired to teach thanks to one of her first teachers in New York, Jenny Aurthur who as she says: “Literally pulled out the best of me and helped me in my journey.” She learn from Maty Ezraty and Carrie Owerko, great sources of inspiration in her New York years.
In Amsterdam, she became a certified Iyengar teacher with the help of Barbara Queirolo, Kristien Van Reusel and Rembert Petrus. She also specializes in injury prevention and injury recovery.
Her anatomy knowledge makes her teaching style very safe but also challenging for all levels. According to the old Yoga teachings, her classes bring attention to the poses and movements/actions as a way to access a more refined body and mind awareness.
“I like to demystify complex concepts to make the practice of Yoga applicable to everyday life, I am a devoted student and practitioner and I bring my all in every class I teach.” Adela Serrano
She likes to call her life, her family, relationships and her students her true teachers.
After living in different countries since 2000, Adela, originally from Spain, lives and teaches in the Netherlands.
Adela teaches classes and workshops in Amsterdam, The Hague and for online yoga studio EkhartYoga.com, with more than 800.000 students all over the world.
You can find her on www.adelaserranoyoga.com and EkhartYoga.com
Share these beautiful retreat days with us
We will stay in an unique villa reseved exclusively for our group. A Portuguese country house with a privileged location, overlooking the sea and the valley,
The villa is located on an 11-hectare estate, among pine trees and fruit trees, surrounded by silence, tranquility and a starry sky. The farm has an organic garden, with production of lemons, figs, oranges, peaches, persimmons, quinces, etc.
Walking along a beautiful 20-minute walk, you reach the wide natural beach of San Lorenzo, perfect for walks and for a quiet swimn.
The villa has single, double rooms and apartments, all with private bathroom and terrace.
We will practice in a newly built 120 m2 rooftop yoga shala, fully equipped, overlooking the sea, which we allow us to practice with amazing views.
A unique paradise to integrate your practice, rest, eat consciously and allow yourself to be healed by nature and relaxation.
How to get there?
The venue is located 10 minutes from Ericeira.
You can reach this beautiful place in just 50min from Lisbon airport.
There are direct and affordable flight options to Lisbon from most European main cities.
If you want to have a taxi from the airport to the retreat venue, we can group you with other participants in a group taxi, so you can have an easier and cheaper trip.
Groups taxis will be available from the airport to the venue, round trip, on the arrival and departure days.
If you want to join the group taxi, please take into account this schedule before planning your trip.
- October 8: Group taxis will leave Lisbon airport at 14.30
- October 12: Group taxis will leave the venue to Lisbon airport at 12.00
Let us know in your registration form (or later by email, until 2 weeks before the retreat), if you are interested in having a place in the group taxi. The prices will vary (from 20 € to 45 € per person) depending on the number of people who book.
We will confirm you the service and the price, one week before the retreat.
You can also reach Ericeira by bus from Lisbon city and later take a taxi from Ericeira to the venue (only a 10 min drive).
Currently, the only requirement to enter in Portugal by plane or road is a negative antigen test, 24 hours before your arrival or a negative PCR test, 72 hours before your arrival. A test is needed independently if you are vaccinated or not.
This rule apply to all citizens living in the European Union (For other contries of origin and detailed information, please check the official European Union “Re-Open Europe” webpage.
We offer a special Covid-19 cancellation policy for this retreat. You can read it at the bottom of this page.
October 8, 2022
14.30 Group taxi departures from Lisbon airport to the retreat venue
15.30 Arrival. Check-in
17.00 Welcome. Introduction to the retreat
17.30 Yoga class
From October 9 to October 11
07.30 – 09.30 Morning yoga class (Pranayama and Asana)
10.30 Excursion to one of the near beautiful beaches or treeking (transport included)
14.30 Resting. Enjoying the venue
16.30 Sharing in nature with a theme for each day.
17.30 Energy work and restorative yoga
20.30 Yoga Nidra/Meditation
07.30 Morning yoga class (Pranayama and Asana)
09.30 Closing circle
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions and the duration of the trips.
Enjoy the tranquility of nature and yoga.
- Accommodation in single, double or triple rooms with ensuite bathroom and large private terrace. All rooms are spacious and confortable.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by an experienced chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 3 meals per day
- All yoga classes and sessions included in the program, in a beautiful ocean view yoga shala.
- Trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful natural beaches and trekkings.
- Transport on the excursions.
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages and energy healing.
- Flights tickets and travel insurance.
- Transport from/to Lisbon airport.
Early Bird discount: 100€
Only for the first 6 places
Until June 1, 2022
(Use the discount code: SHAMAEARLYBIRD)
One place in a large triple shared room, with ensuite bathroom.
Total price per person
Until June 1st: 770 €
After June 1st: 870 €
One place in a double shared room, with one ensuite bathroom.
Total price per person
Until June 1st: 850 €
After June 1st: 950 €
Single room: double bedroom, single occupation.
Total price per person
Until June 1st: 1050 €
After June 1st: 1150 €
– To book and secure your place, we request a 250 € deposit.
– You can press the blue button below “Book your place”, fill in your data and pay the deposit online.
– Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will recieve a confirmation email)
- The balance should be paid before August 1. If you book after that date, we request the full payment of the retreat.
- If you come alone and want to stay in a double room, you will share with a person of the same gender.
IMPORTANT: We cannot guarantee that you will have a roommate (sometimes we are odd or there aren’t people of the same gender who request a shared room). In the unlikely event that there isn’t any other person of the same gender whom you can share the room with, you can have the room for your own but you will be requested to pay the price of a single room.
Special Covid19 cancelation policy:
Cancelations due to any of these two covid – related reasons: it is requested to quarentine at your return to your country or you are positive in covid (and you send us a copy of the positive test)
– If you cancel at any moment, until one week before the retreat, for any of these two covid – related reasons, we will refund you the full amount paid, except the deposit, which could be used as a credit for another retreat during the next 2 years.
– If your cancellation takes place during the last week before the retreat until the day before the retreat, we will refund you the 50% of the full amount paid. The other 50% could be used as a credit for another retreat during the next 2 years.
Cancelations due to other reasons:
– If your cancellation takes place before August 1, (due to different reasons to the ones indicated above), we will refund the total amount you has paid, less the deposit. The deposit won’t be refunded.
– If your cancellation takes place after August 1 (due to different reasons to the ones indicated above), your payment will not be refunded.
– At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
– If due to the COVID19 health crisis, new measures were decreed that would prevent the retreat from being carried out, we will refund you the full amount paid.
– In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled for another reason, we will also be refund the full amount paid.
– Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that isn’t paid directly to us, won’t be refund. Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accomodations cost if you stay before or after the retreat in Portugal, etc), if you have to cancel your trip because you or a close relative get positive in covid19 before the trip. They are unexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Call us at +34627419996 or write to email@example.com and tell us what you are looking for.
Communicating and asking all the questions you need, is the best way to check if what we offer fits with what you want or feel like at this moment.