September 19 – 24, 2023
with Joan Hyman
The daily program will be enriched with trips to the most special natural places, beaches and trekking out of the touristic tracks, organized by us with care and love, to allow you to discover this beautiful region without having to plan, prepare, think how to reach each spot or pay any extra.
Joan Hyman’s grounded teaching style seamlessly supports her students as they emerge from their practice with the rich and bright energy that yoga has to offer.
Joan’s teachings come from an organic and intuitive place, as she draws upon the combined studies of Ashtanga and Iyengar yoga as well as Ayurveda and meditation.
An authentic modern-day yogi, Joan’s love and devotion show up in her practice and throughout her teaching. You will leave her class feeling transformed and deeply aligned.
Joan spent fifteen years as a distinguished YogaWorks Senior Teacher before bringing her expertise to Wanderlust as the Director of Teacher Trainings in 2016. Now, with over twenty years experience leading retreats, trainings, and international workshops, Joan continues to travel the globe leading her own signature trainings.
Joan created The School of Yoga, which is a professional program that offers continuing education, including a team of teachers who are experts in their field of study. She continues to partner with yoga schools worldwide to help develop high quality teacher training programs and make the practice of yoga accessible to everyone!
As a leader in the yoga and wellness community, Joan also contributes to popular blogs such as International Yoga, Yoga Journal, and Wanderlust. She has been featured in conferences and festivals around the world, and offers her teaching online and live in person helping to accommodate an international community of yogis.
Joan’s open-hearted approach to teaching yoga keeps both her inner spirit and her students continuously evolving.
Share these beautiful retreat days with us
We will stay in a majestic large villa at 8km from bohemian Tarifa and its wonderful beaches, in the province of Cádiz, Southern Spain.
A 700 m2 built house, set in the middle of stunning grounds in a plot of 7,500 m2, not overlooked by anyone. A secluded paradise that will become your house for a week.
Located at the starting point of the Costa de La Luz (the coast of Light), the property itself looks directly down a valley, to the nearby ocean and the north-African coast, which is only 14 km away. It has indeed the most amazing views in the area. You will feel like you can almost touch Africa in front of you!
The area is surrounded by Los Alcornacales National Park, a preserved and unique natural space, which makes it a beautiful, unspoiled and tranquil place.
The villa was refurbished, including a total renovation of all the bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen, in 2019, preserving the Spanish traditional architecture and some of the wooden antique furniture.
It has a fully equipped indoor yoga room, a salty swimming – pool, an infrared sauna, large gardens, indoor and outdoor dinning rooms and many beautiful outdoor spaces for chill, relax and meditate.
You will feel at home, with a very familiar atmosphere and the perfect balance of privacy, relaxation, silence and beauty.
The food is first class, delicious, organic, local and seasonal, cooked by specialized chefs in vegetarian and vegan cuisine, especially hired for the this retreat.
We will explore the beautiful nature in the area. There are excellent walking routes, and many beaches to choose from, starting at the doorstep of Tarifa and going all the way up to Cádiz. Local favorites are Punta Paloma and Bolonia.
All the excursions and transports are organized for us with care and included in the price of the retreat.
How to get there?
The closest internationl airport is Málaga (AGP), 1 hour, 30 min from the villa. There is direct and affordable flight options to Málaga from most European main cities.
We will offer a free group taxi from the airport to the villa (round trip) on the arrival and departure days.
If you want to join the transport to the venue, please take into account its schedule before planning your trip.
- September 19: Group taxi will leave Málaga airport at 3.30 pm
- September 24: Group taxi will leave the venue to Málaga airport at 10.15 am
You can book your place in this group transport in your registration form or writting us an email, until two weeks before the retreat.
The villa is just 10 minutes away from Tarifa (Cádiz).
If you are already in Spain, you can drive easily to the retreat. If you prefer to get to Tarifa with public transportation, we can recommend you the best options and pick you up in Tarifa bus station.
We appreciate that you plan your trip according to the retreat schedule, to not miss the beginning or the end of the retreat.
15.30 Group taxis leaving from the airport.
16.30 Arrival to the retreat venue. Check-in
17.30 Welcome and introduction.
18.00 Yoga session
September 20 – 23, 2023
07.30 – 09.00 Energizing morning: yoga class with Joan Hyman
10.15 – 13.30 Discovering the area: excursions/ nature/ beach/ treking. Transport and organization included.
14.00 – Lunch
15.00 – Resting. Enjoying the venue
17.15 – 19.00 Restore and renew: Afternoon yoga class/workshop with Joan Hyman.
20.45 – 21.30 Relaxing Evening: Meditation / Guided Relaxation /Engery Healing with Paloma Dorado
Sunday, September 24, 2023
07.30 – 08.30 Energizing morning: yoga class with Joan Hyman
08.30 – 09.30 Breakfast
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions, the duration of the trips or other unforeseen factors.
Enjoy the tranquility of nature and yoga.
- All yoga classes, workshops and sessions included in the program, in an indoor, well equipped yoga shala.
- Accommodation in an exclusive private villa on single or double rooms. Use of all the facilities in the villa including swimming-pool and infrared sauna.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by our private chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 3 meals per day.
- Trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful natural beaches and trekking.
- Transport from Málaga airport to the villa, round trip. (see “how to arrive” section)
- Transport to the excursions
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages.
- Flights tickets.
- Travel or cancellation insurance (we recommend to have one)
Total Price per person.
Double Room, shared bathroom
Double occupancy: 1450 €
Single occupancy: 1700 €
Standard double bedroom with twin beds or double bed (you can choose).
If you choose double occupancy, you will share the room with another person of the group.
The bathroom will be shared between 2 bedrooms.
Double Room, private ensuite bathroom
Double occupancy: 1750 €
Single occupancy: 2050 €
Spacious double bedroom, with twin beds or double bed (you can choose) and ensuite bathroom.
If you choose double occupancy you will share the bedroom with another person of the group.
Master Suite, private ensuite bathroom
Double occupancy: 1950 €
Single occupancy: 2250 €
The larger bedroom of the villa, with impressive views to the ocean and to Africa, a stand alone bath and its own private secluded patio.
The double bed is queen size (twin beds aren’t possible)
On double occupancy, it’s only suitable for couples or people who wants to share the double bed
The Familiar Suite has 2 bedrooms and one bathroom: Bedroom 4A (very large) and bedroom 4B (small, inside the bedroom 4A). The bathroom is ensuite bedroom 4A.
Both bedrooms can be used for double or single occupancy.
We recommend to book the complete Familiar Suite with your friends.
Familiar Suite - Large double bedroom
Double occupancy: 1550 €
Single occupancy: 1850 €
A large double bedroom, with twin beds or double bed (you can choose) and ensuite bathroom. You will share the bathroom with the bedroom 4B.
In double occupancy, you will share the bedroom with another person of the group.
Familiar Suite - Small double bedroom
Double occupancy: 1350 €
Single occupancy: 1550 €
A small double bedroom, with twin beds or double bed (you can choose).
It’s located inside the bedroom 4A
In double occupancy, you will share the bedroom with another person of the group.
The bathroom is located inside the bedroom 4-A
Booking and payment policy:
– To book and secure your place, we request a 300 € deposit.
– You can click on the blue button “Book your place” below, fill in your data and pay the deposit online.
– Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will receive a confirmation email)
– The balance should be paid before July 1. If you book your place after that date, the full payment of the retreat will be requested.
– If you come alone and want to stay in a double room, you will share with a person of the same sex.
IMPORTANT: We can not guarantee that you will have a roommate (sometimes we are odd or there aren’t people who request a shared room).
In the unlikely event that there isn’t any other person of the group you can share the room with, you can have the room for your own but you will be requested to pay the price of a single room.
– If you cancel at any moment before May 1, the deposit won’t be refund but you can use as a credit for another retreat during the next 2 years.
– If your cancellation takes place between May 1 and July 1, we will refund the total amount you has paid, less the deposit. The deposit won’t be refunded and it won’t be able to be used as a credit.
– If your cancellation takes place after July 1, once you have done the full payment, your payment won’t be refunded. But you can keep the 50% of your payment in a voucher for a future retreat. The voucher will be valid for 2 years in any of our retreats.
– If your cancellation takes after August 1, your payment won’t be refunded.
– At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
– In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled, we will be refund the full amount paid in less than 7 working days.
– Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that wouldn’t has paid directly to us, won’t be refund.
Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accommodation cost if you stay before or after the retreat in Spain, etc), if you have to cancel your trip. They are inexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Any questions? Write us: email@example.com
Call us at +34627419996 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you are looking for.
Communicating and asking all the questions you need, is the best way to check if what we offer fits with what you want or feel like at this moment.
Be the first to know about our new events
Sign up and receive our special offers