April 1 – 7, 2024
with Joan Hyman
Join Joan Hyman with Shama Retreats in Bali, the Island of the Gods. All the benefits of the practice in one of the most amazing places of the world. This retreat will be held in Uluwatu, with its incredible coast and ocean, at a resort with its own beach entrance, right in front of the Indian Ocean. A surfer’s and yogi’s paradise. If you love the combination of jungle and beach, yoga and meditation, thai massage workshops, yoga nidra and relaxation, this is the retreat for you.
Trip to the North of Bali. April 7 – 11.
With Joan Hyman and Paloma Dorado
After the retreat finishes, you will have the opportunity to get to know Bali‘s culture, the nature that surrounds us, volcanoes and waterfalls, rice terraces and hidden treasures. If you have some extra days and you’d always wanted to know Bali, this is the perfect moment to do so.
More information soon!
If you are interested in joining us, please write us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan Hyman’s grounded teaching style seamlessly supports her students as they emerge from their practice with the rich and bright energy that yoga has to offer.
Joan’s teachings come from an organic and intuitive place, as she draws upon the combined studies of Ashtanga and Iyengar yoga as well as Ayurveda and meditation.
An authentic modern-day yogi, Joan’s love and devotion show up in her practice and throughout her teaching. You will leave her class feeling transformed and deeply aligned.
Joan spent fifteen years as a distinguished YogaWorks Senior Teacher before bringing her expertise to Wanderlust as the Director of Teacher Trainings in 2016. Now, with over twenty years experience leading retreats, trainings, and international workshops, Joan continues to travel the globe leading her own signature trainings.
Joan created The School of Yoga, which is a professional program that offers continuing education, including a team of teachers who are experts in their field of study. She continues to partner with yoga schools worldwide to help develop high quality teacher training programs and make the practice of yoga accessible to everyone!
As a leader in the yoga and wellness community, Joan also contributes to popular blogs such as International Yoga, Yoga Journal, and Wanderlust. She has been featured in conferences and festivals around the world, and offers her teaching online and live in person helping to accommodate an international community of yogis.
Joan’s open-hearted approach to teaching yoga keeps both her inner spirit and her students continuously evolving.
Join us in Bali for these days of practice and nature
We will stay at an ashtonishing resort, tucked into the verdant jungle, high on the jagged cliffs towering over Southwest Bali’s world-famous waves.
Blessed with private access to the sand and ocean, it’s the place where active soulful pursuits meet Bali’s singular mysticism and warm hospitality. Premium villas, bungalows and loft accommodations—hand-built with reclaimed teak and ironwood, plus Balinese artisan-crafted decor and antiques—are idyllic windows to a magical world where sublime vistas meet fresh and refined cuisine.
Expect beautiful days spent just in front of the ocean, drawing in aromas of incensed air, soaking up golden vistas, and delving into the local culture.
We will have access to a beautiful yoga shala with Manduka mats, cork blocks and straps provided, in the sights, sounds, and smells of Mother Nature. A unique open-air reclaimed teak yoga temple. Daily classes, surrounded by breathtaking views of waves and lush jungle.
Our own private spaces will be waiting for us: from apartments and bungalows located in a secluded forested valley, with sliding glass doors that open up into large gardens, to modern villas with ocean and jungle views and private pools, all of them with staff on-site at all times and full housekeeping.
We will explore the surroundings with its incredible nature, take a bath at the Indian Ocean, enjoy the savory balinese food and watch the infinite stars at the Southern hemisphere.
How to get there?
You can find many flights from Europe and United States to the International Bali airport, Ngurah Rai, in Denpasar (DPS).
The airline KLM has direct flights from Amsterdam.
The most frequent stopover are in Jakarta, Singapore, Qatar, Hong Kong and Sidney.
We will offer 4 free shuttles from the airport to the retreat center on the arrival day.
Please, check with us the schedule of the shuttles, before purchasing your flight tickets.
15.00 Check-in at the retreat venue
17.00 Welcome ceremony
18.00 Yoga session
April 2 – 6, 2024
07.30 – 09.00 Energizing morning: yoga class with Joan Hyman
10.30 – 13.00 Discovering the area/free time, including one organized half-day excursion to a special beach.
13.00 – Lunch
14.00 – Resting. Enjoying the venue
16.00 – 17.30 Restore and renew: Afternoon yoga class/workshop with Joan Hyman/ Thai Massage workshop
18.00 – 19.15 Relaxing Evening: Meditation / Guided Relaxation /Engery Healing with Paloma Dorado
Sunday, April 7, 2024
07.30 – 09.00 Energizing morning: yoga class with Joan Hyman
09.00 – 10.00 Closing Ceremony
10.00 – 11.00 Breakfast
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions, the duration of the trips or other unforeseen factors.
An extraordinary experience of self-knowledge
- All yoga classes, workshops and sessions included in the program, in an indoor, well equipped yoga shala.
- Accommodation in very exclusive private villas on single or double rooms, all of them ensuite. Use of all the facilities in the villa including swimming-pools in some of the private villas and a common swimming- pool.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by Balinese chefs. 3 meals per day.
- Exclusive use of a unique jungle view yoga shala, well equipped with yoga mats, cork blocks and straps
- Two trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful spots of the island.
- Transport from Denpasar airport to the retreat venue, round trip. (see “how to arrive” section)
- Transport to the excursions
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages.
- Flights tickets.
- Travel or cancellation insurance (we recommend to have one)
- Medical insurance (mandatory)
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
150€ discount if you book your place before November 1, 2023. Just for the first 6 bookings
Total Price per person.
Double Room, with a double bed, ensuite bathroom
(Only for couples)
Double bedroom with a King size bed and ensuite, in an spectacular 3 bedroom villa, with private swimming-pool.
All bedrooms in this villa have ensuite bathroom.
Double Room, private ensuite bathroom
Spacious double bedroom, with twin beds and ensuite bathroom, inside one of the spectacular villas of the resort.
You will share the bedroom with another person of the group.
OPTION 3 - 1
Master Double Room, private ensuite bathroom
OPTION 3 - 2
Duplex - private bathroom
Single Room - ensuite
Master Single Suite - ensuite
Booking and payment policy:
– To book and secure your place, we request a 500 € deposit.
– You can click on the blue button “Book your place” below, fill in your data and pay the deposit online.
– Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will receive a confirmation email)
– The balance should be paid before December 15. If you book your place after that date, the full payment of the retreat will be requested.
– If the balance is not paid on December 15, we reserve the right to cancel the booking (the deposit won’t be refunded)
– If you come alone and want to stay in a double room, you will share with another person of the group.
IMPORTANT: We can not guarantee that you will have a roommate (sometimes we are odd or there aren’t people who request a shared room).
In the unlikely event that there isn’t any other person of the group you can share the room with, you can have the room for your own but you will be requested to pay the price of a single room.
You must accept the booking conditions at the moment of the registration.
– If you cancel at any moment before December 30, we will refund the total amount you has paid, less the deposit. The deposit won’t be refunded under any circumstances.
– If your cancellation takes after December 30, your payment won’t be refunded and it won’t be possible to use it as a credit.
– At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
– In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled, we will be refund the full amount paid in less than 7 working days.
– Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that wouldn’t has paid directly to us, won’t be refund.
Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accommodation cost if you stay before or after the retreat, etc), if you have to cancel your trip. They are inexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Any questions? Write us: email@example.com
Call us at +34627419996 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you are looking for.
Communicating and asking all the questions you need, is the best way to check if what we offer fits with what you want or feel like at this moment.