October 20 – 25, 2023
A Sama Yoga Retreat with Sky Akasha Tobias
“Some people feel the rain, others just get wet” – Bob Dylan.
Join us in an autumn Sama yoga retreat in the amazing coast of Portugal with the experienced teacher Sky Akasha Tobias.
You will learn and enjoy superb and unique yoga classes in a yoga shala with unique ocean views. What makes Sky’s classes different is the continuity from the very first moment, through the opening mantras, flowing thru the poses and precious pauses, final relaxation to meditation and Pranayama. It’s a smooth unbroken flow, which truly allows one to “drop in” and “be with” oneself and experience deeply what’s taking place inside.
The deeper states are accessed when we can stay with current expressions and open to what is happening now. The Yoga Classes are supported by guided meditation and short but important talks.
The Physical form moves like Tai Chi flowing into classical Hatha Yoga poses, staying for some breaths, opening to the magic of the Asana and then staying still, resting, integrating and feeling what’s moving inside.
Ayurveda, Mantras and Vedic wisdom are part of the classes and study. We will learn a lot! We will come away with tools to take care of ourselves and enhance our current Yoga practice and lifestyle.
All Levels are welcome, even beginners will find the movements, with some variations, accessible, while more experienced students will definitely appreciate the depth and uniqueness of the Sama Yoga style.
The daily program will be enriched with trips to the most special natural places and trekkings out of the turistic tracks, organized with care and love, to allow us integrate the practice in nature and discover the beauty of this beautiful region of Portugal without having to plan, prepare, think how to reach each spot.
We will also have time for resting in a unique and relaxing property in nature and be delighted with vegetarian and vegan, organic cuisine, prepared with love by an experienced chef in healthy eatinge
Sky Akasha Tobias
He has also studied Ayurveda deeply, with the master Dr. Vasant Lad, enriching his understanding of health and clear choices that support a balanced way of living.
Share these beautiful retreat days with us
We will stay in an unique villa reseved exclusively for our group. A Portuguese country house with a privileged location, overlooking the sea and the valley.
The villa is located on an 11-hectare estate, among pine trees and fruit trees, surrounded by silence, tranquility and a starry sky. The farm has an organic garden, with production of lemons, figs, oranges, peaches, persimmons, quinces, etc.
Walking along a beautiful 20-minute walk, you reach the wide natural beach of San Lorenzo, perfect for walks and for a quiet swimn.
The villa has single, double rooms and apartments, all with private bathroom and terrace.
We will practice in a newly built 120 m2 rooftop yoga shala, fully equipped, overlooking the ocean, which we allow us to practice with amazing views.
The vegetarian, healthy and delicious meals, will be created by two amazing portuguese rivate chefs, specially hired for our retreat.
A unique paradise to integrate your practice, rest, eat consciously and allow yourself to be healed by nature and relaxation.
How to get there?
The venue is located 10 minutes from Ericeira.
You can reach this beautiful place in just 50min from Lisbon airport.
There are direct and affordable flight options to Lisbon from most European main cities.
If you want to have a taxi from the airport to the retreat venue, we can group you with other participants in a group taxi, so you can have an easier and cheaper trip.
Groups taxis will be available from the airport to the venue, round trip, on the arrival and departure days.
If you want to join the group taxi, please take into account this schedule before planning your trip.
- October 20: Group taxis will leave Lisbon airport at 14.30
- October 25: Group taxis will leave the venue to Lisbon airport at 12.00
Let us know in your registration form (or later by email, until 2 weeks before the retreat), if you are interested in having a place in the group taxi. The prices will vary (from 20 € to 45 € per person) depending on the number of people who book.
We will confirm you the service and the price, one week before the retreat.
You can also reach Ericeira by bus from Lisbon city and later take a taxi from Ericeira to the venue (only a 10 min drive).
Please, remember the check in is at 15.30, so you can plan your arrival accordinly.
Friday, October 20
15.30 – Arrival to the retreat venue. Check-in
17.30 – Welcome and introduction.
18.15 – Yoga session
19.30 – Dinner
From Saturday, October 21 to Tuesday, October 24
07.00 – 09.30 Morning yoga class (yoga, meditation, mantras and pranayama)
09.30 – Breakfast
11.00 – 13.30 Excursion to natural places (beaches, hikes), including meditative walks
14.00 – Lunch
15.30 – Resting. Enjoying the venue
17.00 – 19.30 Afternon class (Ayurveda/vedic vision/restaurative yoga class)
19.45 – Dinner
21.00 – 21.45 Yoga Nidra and/or Energy Healing led by Paloma Dorado (some evenings)
Wednesday, October 25
07.00 – 09.00 Morning yoga class
09.00 – 10.00 Farewell session
10.30 – Brunch
12.00 – Departure
Some days extra classes and meditations could be offered.
The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions and the duration of the trips
Enjoy the tranquility of nature and yoga.
- Accommodation in single, double or triple rooms with ensuite bathroom and large private terrace. All rooms are spacious and confortable.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by an experienced chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 3 meals per day
- All yoga classes, meditation and sessions included in the program, in a beautiful indoor, well equipped yoga shala.
- Trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful natural beaches and trekkings.
- Transport on the excursions.
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages and energy healing
- Flights tickets and travel insurance.
- Transport from/to Lisbon airport.(Please check the timetable of the group transport in the program section before booking your flight tickets)
Total Price per person. All inclusive
One place in a large triple shared room, with ensuite bathroom.
Total price per person
One place in a double shared room, with one ensuite bathroom.
Total price per person
Single room: double bedroom, single occupation.
Total price per person
Booking and payment policy:
– To book and secure your place, we request a 300 € deposit.
– You can click on the blue button “Book your place” below, fill in your data and pay the deposit online.
– Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will recieve a confirmation email)
– The balance should be paid before September 1. If you book your place after that date, the full payment of the retreat will be requested.
– If you come alone and want to stay in a double room, you will share with a person of the same sex.
IMPORTANT: We can not guarantee that you will have a roommate (sometimes we are odd or there aren’t people of the same sex who request a shared room).
In the unlikely event that there isn’t any other person of the same sex whom you can share the room with, you can have the room for your own but you will be requested to pay the price of a single room.
– If you cancel at any moment before July 1, we will refund you the full amount paid, except the deposit, which could be used as a credit for another retreat during the next 2 years.
– If your cancellation takes place between July 1 and Septemebr 1, we will refund the total amount you have paid, less the deposit. The deposit won’t be refunded or be used as a credit.
– If your cancellation takes place after September 1, once you have done the full payment, your payment won’t be refunded. But you can keep the 50% of your payment in a voucher for a future retreat. The voucher will be valid for 2 years in any of our retreats.
– If your cancellation takes after September 19, your payment won’t be refunded.
– At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
– In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled, we will be refund the full amount paid in less than 7 working days.
– Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that wouldn’t has paid directly to us, won’t be refund.
Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accomodations cost if you stay before or after the retreat in Spain, etc), if you have to cancel your trip. They are unexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Any questions? Write us: email@example.com
Call us at +34627419996 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you are looking for.
Communicating and asking all the questions you need, is the best way to check if what we offer fits with what you want or feel like at this moment.