If you feel the need to be more connected to your heart, to give it space to grow in you, to listen and be guided to greater joy and freedom, then join us on this Heart-opening retreat and immerse yourself in the healing and expansive power of mantras, yoga and nature.
We will utilise the transforming power of mantras and heartsongs, guided by the well-known singer and songwriter Kevin James, as a vehicle that allows you to ease-fully, joyfully, and effectively, feel more open and connected to your heart.
Be gently guided by Kevin’s soothing and touching voice, guitar and flutes, and Susana’s gentle sounds of the harmonium.
Take this energy home with you afterwards and bring more joy and heart into your life.
Everyday you will be chanting mantras and we will also introduce you to a beautiful practice to activate your chakras (energy centres), together, using unique and simple but yet very powerful, voice exercises.
There will also be daily gentle yoga classes (Hatha and Yin), that brings you back to yourself, to harmonize and relax and time for resting and balance.
Nature will support us in this transformative gathering, sharing the special magic, silence, pure air and clear water of the Gredos Mountains.
We will explore the area and enjoy beautiful hikings, bathing in different secluded natural baths with water that comes down from the mountains and comtemplating a unique clear starry sky at night. (*)
Mantras are like a mandala in word form, reflecting harmony and beauty.
Singing and emotion are interlinked, so when you sing mantras, they organise your emotions in a harmonious and beautiful way that then transfers to harmonise and calm our mind and nervous system, bringing us into a state of equilibrium.
One of the main reasons chanting has such a powerful healing effect on people is because it works on us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, at the same time.
Kevin will share his knowledge and experience to allow you to bring the practice of chanting into your daily life as a way to help you stay connected to your heart while navigating your way to living your dream.
“After more than 8 years of experience holding chanting retreats all around the world, I’ve witnessed the healing power of chanting everyday and we would love to share this experience with you. I’ve seen over and over that no matter where you are in your self-discovery path, these deeply nourishing days together will always help you get closer to your Heart” Kevin James
The retreat will be held in English and Spainsh.
All excursions and transport during the trips are included. (*)
Kevin James is an Australian singer-songwriter and an experienced Chant leader, who brings Devotional music to the World in a way that is free from religious dogma.
He travels continuously sharing his presence and heartfelt voice with people from many different cultures and religions throughout the world.
His particular music style is characterized by fusing English lyrics with potent Mantras from around the world. He has created what he calls ¨Heartsongs¨: songs in English that transmit the depths of Eastern philosophy, delivered in a way that is joyful and accessible to all.
Practicing Bhakti Yoga (The yoga of devotion) since his first visit to India in 1990, Kevin James now leads chanting circles, a powerful group experience of reconnection to Oneself, and workshops in yoga festivals and studios all over the world.
Nowadays, he continues the same path with his wife Susana (playing harmonium) holding Events and Retreats, in their vision of Connection to the Heart as a way towards living a more harmonious life.
You can find more and listen Kevin’s music in: www.kevinjamesmusic.com
Paloma started practising meditation 20 years ago, guided by a desire to understand human nature. Passionate about the relationship between science and spirituality, she studies Physical Sciences, and later, she works for the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (CERN), located in Geneva.
At the same time, she trained as a therapist in various energy techniques and therapies, and collaborates with the meditation instructor Javier de Salas as an assistant, in retreats and workshops in Spain, the United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong and Bali, including the Asia Yoga Conference and the Om Yoga Show, in London .
She immerses herself in the practice of yoga and trainned as a Sama Yoga teacher, a soft and deep style, which combines classic Hatha yoga asanas with Chi Kung postures and mantras, and as a yin yoga teacher.
Guided by her love for yoga and meditation, she founded Shama Retreats, as a conscious life project, where she shares spaces for practice, rest and connection. Nowadays, Shama Retreats, is a small company which organizes around 16 yoga and meditation retreats per year in nature, in Spain and Portugal, in collaboration with international teachers.
We will host the retreat in Manantial de Tara, a beautifl venue on the north of Tenerife Island, with ocean views, where we can fully immerse ourselves in nature .
In an environment of high natural and scenic value, between the sea and the mountains, Manantial de Tara has been developing based in sustainable living principles, living in harmony with life cycles and respecting the rights of Mother Earth.
The space have been design following Feng-Shui, giving a special atmosphere of calm and tranquility.
The farm has with own organic garden. The meals will be created by an amazing vegetarian chef, hired specifically for this retreat, who will serves delicious and nurtritive organic meals.
From there, we will discover the north of the island, its amazing beaches and the volcanic area of El Teide Natural Park.
A unique space to practice, reflect, connect and rest.
How to arrive?
The venue is 30 min from both Tenerife’s airport: Tenerife South Airport (TFS) and Tenerife North Airport (TFN)
Most international flights arrives in Tenerife South Airport.
We will organize private taxis from both airports to the venue, round trip, on the arrival and departure days.
In that way, we can group you with other participants, so you can have an easier and cheaper trip.
- March 15: Taxis will be leaving each airport at 2 pm.
- March 20: Taxis will be leaving the venue to each airport at 1 pm.
Prices varies depending on the number of people per taxi.
Let us know in your registration form if you are interested in having a taxi and we will confirm you the service and the price, one week before the retreat.
In this retreat we will focus especially on opening and connecting with our own hearts.
Kevin and Susana’s way of facilitating is a delicate balance of being inclusive, safe, profound yet also light hearted and fun.
This retreat is specifically easeful, with their philosophy of “Each in their own time and in their own way”, which makes you feel that you can be yourself and do what feels right for you.
There’s nothing pushed onto you or held back from you, just everything you need to take some time for yourself in a supportive environment to grow.
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions, the duration of the trips and other unforeseen factors.
Tuesday March 15
14.00 – Transport leaving from the airport (Tenerife South) to the retreat venue.
14.30 – 15.30. Check -in
16.30 – 18.30. Welcome Circle. Introduction to the retreat
From Wednesday March 16 to Saturday March 19
08.00 – 09.15 Hatha Yoga
09.30 – Breakfast
10.30 – 13.30 Outdoor group activities (Excursions/Beach/Trekking) or Chakra Tuning Voice Exploration
15.00 – 16.30 Rest/Enjoy the place/Swimming-pool
16.45 – 19.30 Chanting Circle and/or Yoga Nidra/Yin yoga
Sunday March 20
08.00 – 09.15 Hatha Yoga
09.15 – Breakfast
10.30 – 12.00 Chanting and closing activity
“Through singing together Kevin and Susanna creates a sacred space guiding us deeper into our hearts to that place where we can safely rest regardless of life’s circumstances.” Annelie Janson
“It was a truly amazing retreat where I felt grounded, calm and joyful. I love singing together! That really helps to connect to the heart and the inner voice. ”Hanna Rydén
“An unforgettable experience of a deep connection with my heart with the help of the energy and warm and loving voice of Kevin.” Inés Bustamante
“A real journey, getting deeper and deeper to the core, practicing letting go/releasing what does not serve us and working on acceptance and love. The combination of music, mantras, sense of sangha (community) and being in nature is so powerful and healing, it’s what we all need so much in these times.” Marina Kalisky
- Accommodation in single or double rooms with ensuite or shared bathroom.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by an experienced chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 3 meals per day
- All classes, chakra tuning voice exploration and chanting circles with Kevin James and Susana.
- Daily yoga classes (Hatha yoga, yin yoga and yoga nidra) with Paloma Dorado.
- Excursions: Easy trekkings to some of the most pure and tranquil natural baths
- Transport on the excursions.
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages and energy healing
- Flights tickets and travel insurance.
- Private transport from Tenerife airport to the retreat center, round trip. (Please check the timetable of the private transport in the program section before booking your flight tickets)
Check our Early Bird discounts!
Prices per person, all included:
Early Bird Discount: 80 €. Only for the first 8 places, until January 31, 2021.
(Discount code: SHAMAEARLYBIRD)
- Option 1: One place in a double shared yurt (two singles beds) with shared bathroom: 860 € (Early Bird price) /940 € (normal price) per person. You will share the room with 1 more person of the same gender.
- Option 2: One place in a double yurt (two singles beds), for single use, with shared bathroom: 970 € (Early Bird price) /1050 € (normal price) per person. You will be alone in the yurt.
- Option 3: One place in a double shared cottage (two single beds) with private ensuite bathroom: 990 € (Early Bird price) /1070 € (normal price) per person. You will share the room with 1 more person of the same gender.
- Option 4: One place in a double cottage (1 double bed) with private ensuite bathroom, for single use: 1150 € (Early Bird price) /1230 € (normal price) per person. You will be alone in the cottage.
Booking and payment policy:
- To book and secure your place in the retreat, we request a 200 € deposit.
- You can press the blue button below “Book your place”, fill in your data and pay the deposit online, with your debit/credit card.
- Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will recieve a confirmation email)
- The balance should be paid before February 15. If you book after that date, you will be requested to pay the full amount.
- If you are travelling solo, and choose a double room, you will share the room with a same gender person. It’s important to note that we can’t guarantee you a roommate. If once the registrations are finished, there isn’t any same gender person to share with, you will be requested to pay the price of an individual room.
- The price of the retreat is an all inclusive 6 days/5 nights package. If you reduce your stay in the retreat (arriving a day later or leaving before) or don’t eat some of the meals, you will not have any reduction in the price.
Special covid19 cancelation policy:
Cancelations due to any of these two covid – related reasons: it is requested to quarentine at your return to your country or you are positive in covid (and you send us a copy of the positive test)
- If you cancel at any moment, until one week before the retreat, for any of these two covid – related reasons, we will refund you the full amount paid, except the deposit, which could be used as a credit for another retreat during the next 2 years.
- If your cancellation takes place during the last week before the retreat until the day before the retreat, we will refund you the 50% of the full amount paid. The other 50% could be used as a credit for another retreat during the next 2 years.
Cancelations due to other reasons:
- If your cancellation takes place before February 1, (due to different reasons to the ones indicated above), we will refund the total amount you has paid, less the deposit. The deposit won’t be refunded.
- If your cancellation takes place after February 1 (due to different reasons to the ones indicated above), your payment will not be refunded.
- At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
- If due to the COVID19 health crisis, new measures were decreed that would prevent the retreat from being carried out, we will refund you the full amount paid.
- In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled for another reason, we will also be refund the full amount paid.
- Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that isn’t paid directly to us, won’t be refund. Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accomodations cost if you stay before or after the retreat in Portugal, etc), if you have to cancel your trip because you or a close relative get positive in covid19 before the trip. They are unexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Any questions? Write us: email@example.com