May 29 – June 3, 2023
Yoga Retreat with Sandra Carson
“The moment of surrender is not when life ends, it is when life begins” – Marianne Williamson
Step away from your day-to-day life. Release stress, old habits, thought patterns, conditionings. Immerse yourself in nature. Connect with others. Inspire and be inspired. Open to your own wisdom and intuition. Melt into your own flow. Lean into the unknown.
Living in Surrender brings the absolute greatest peace of mind, joy and magic to your life. It does not mean being inactive or apathetic or being indifferent to what is going on. Surrender means to intentionally give up the need to control, as much as you can; the control of outcomes in your life, of convictions and judgements. Letting go of how you were taught to be or believe you need to be. The release of control of how others should be with you.
Living in Surrender means the beginning of feeling more than worthy to be here. It means to be accepting of yourself and others. It means to be spontaneous, active and creative as well as still, empty and receptive. Surrender means to let go of effortful action and aligning with the energy that moves through you as you.
“By relinquishing power, the more powerful you become” – Alan Watts
This retreat is for you if you have reached the point where you can see that trying to control outcomes in your life, trying to do it “the right way” and efforting to “being good” no longer serve you. This retreat is for you if you have the wish to allow that which is greater than your limited mind, to guide you in the direction that is right for you.
How will you explore surrender during this retreat? You will receive daily active yoga classes with an emphasis on moving your body and your energy. Meditation and Pranayama (breathing) sessions to create the space to let go. Daily contemplations. Solo and partner exercises for reflection. Stress release to let go of stored energy in your system. Yoga Nidra and more. Being in silence every morning until the end of breakfast will be part of the retreat program. We might propose one complete day of silence.
Please note that even though you will have personal time and space to relax, this week requires your attention and participation in the retreat and all the sessions.
You will enjoy delicious, freshly prepared vegetarian foods, take hikes in nature and cool off in the ocean. Letting everything go surrounded by nature, walking along the beach, observing the sea, the sunsets and the stars and absorbing the magic of this wonderful place.
Sandra Carson is a knowledgeable and insightful yoga teacher who has been teaching internationally for the last 20 years.
Her teaching style is rooted in alignment and the cultivation of body awareness through the sensory body. Sandra’s background is Vinyasa Flow, Anusara yoga, therapeutics and Tantra.
She became a Yoga Alliance certified teacher in the USA in 2001. She is also a Anusara® certified teacher and an Experienced Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (E-RYT500). She teaches workshops and retreats in different countries, Yoga Teacher trainings and Advanced Yoga Teacher trainings.
Her unique yoga classes are a mix of flow and alignment and mostly dynamic and energizing in nature. They invite you to step up and curiously explore your abilities while respecting your boundary. Sandra encourages you to listen intimately and choose what serves you in every moment by offering modifications and variations throughout the practice.
Over the past years, Sandra has been specializing more in the pelvis and psoas.
Share these beautiful retreat days with us
We will stay in an unique villa reseved exclusively for our group. A Portuguese country house with a privileged location, overlooking the sea and the valley,
The villa is located on an 11-hectare estate, among pine trees and fruit trees, surrounded by silence, tranquility and a starry sky. The farm has an organic garden, with production of lemons, figs, oranges, peaches, persimmons, quinces, etc.
Walking along a beautiful 20-minute walk, you reach the wide natural beach of San Lorenzo, perfect for walks and for a quiet swimn.
The villa has single, double rooms and apartments, all with private bathroom and terrace.
We will practice in a newly built 120 m2 rooftop yoga shala, fully equipped, overlooking the sea, which we allow us to practice with amazing views.
A unique paradise to integrate your practice, rest, eat consciously and allow yourself to be healed by nature and relaxation.
How to get there?
The venue is located 10 minutes from Ericeira.
You can reach this beautiful place in just 50min from Lisbon airport.
There are direct and affordable flight options to Lisbon from most European main cities.
If you want to have a taxi from the airport to the retreat venue, we can group you with other participants in a group taxi, so you can have an easier and cheaper trip.
Groups taxis will be available from the airport to the venue, round trip, on the arrival and departure days.
If you want to join the group taxi, please take into account this schedule before planning your trip.
- May 29: Group taxis will leave Lisbon airport at 14.30
- June 3: Group taxis will leave the venue to Lisbon airport at 12.00
Let us know in your registration form (or later by email, until 2 weeks before the retreat), if you are interested in having a place in the group taxi. The prices will vary (from 10 € to 45 € per person) depending on the number of people who book.
We will confirm you the service and the price, one week before the retreat.
You can also reach Ericeira by bus from Lisbon city and later take a taxi from Ericeira to the venue (only a 10 min drive).
Please, remember the check in is at 15.30 (we can’t arrive before to the venue)
Each day includes:
- Movement. Asana practice to revitalize, strengthen and empower your body. A more dynamic morning practice and a softer, restaurative or tension release excercise (TRE) practice in the afternoon.
- Conscious breathing or pranayama to bring clarity to your mind. Some practices will take place outdoors.
- Guided and silent meditation.
- Talks, (written) assignments and partner sharing exercises.
- Silent time
- Guided relaxation, yoga nidra and energy healing.
- Connection with nature: excursions to natural spaces, practising to observe the beauty of simplicity, to enjoy and to charge ourselves with the energy of the elements.
Monday, May 29
15.30 – Arrival to the retreat venue. Check-in
17.30 – Welcome and introduction.
18.15 – Yoga session
19.30 – Dinner
From Tuesday, May 30 to Friday, June 2
07.30 – 09.00 Morning yoga class and meditation
09.00 – Breakfast
10.45 – 13.00 Excursion to natural places (beaches, hikes), including meditative walks and breathing excercises
13.30 – Lunch
14.30 – Resting. Enjoying the venue
16.30 – 17.45 Talk and assignment. Sharing excercices
18.00 – 19.15 Afternoon session (TRE, yin yoga myofascial release o yoga nidra)
19.30 – Dinner
20.45 – 21.30 Evening session (some evenings)
Saturday, June 3
07.30 – 09.00 Morning yoga class and meditation
09.00 – 10.00 Farewell session
10.30 – Brunch
12.00 – Departure
(*) The daily schedule can change depending on the weather conditions and the duration of the trips
Enjoy the tranquility of nature and yoga.
- Accommodation in single, double or triple rooms with ensuite bathroom and large private terrace. All rooms are spacious and confortable.
- Healthy vegetarian food, using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients prepared by an experienced chef specialized in healthy nutrition. 3 meals per day
- All yoga classes, meditation and sessions included in the program, in a beautiful indoor, well equipped yoga shala.
- Trips to some of the most pure, tranquil and beautiful natural beaches and trekkings.
- Transport on the excursions.
On request (at additional cost, on request at arrival):
- Several types of massages and energy healing
- Flights tickets and travel insurance.
- Transport from/to Lisbon airport.(Please check the timetable of the group transport in the program section before booking your flight tickets)
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
100 € discount
Discount Code: SHAMAEARLYBIRD
(For the first 8 bookings, if you book your place before March 1, 2023)
Total Price per person. All inclusive
One place in a large triple shared room, with ensuite bathroom.
Total price per person
One place in a double shared room, with one ensuite bathroom.
Total price per person
Single room: double bedroom, single occupation.
Total price per person
Booking and payment policy:
– To book and secure your place, we request a 300 € deposit.
– You can click on the blue button “Book your place” below, fill in your data and pay the deposit online.
– Once the payment is made, your place will be reserved (you will recieve a confirmation email)
– The balance should be paid before April 1. If you book your place after that date, the full payment of the retreat will be requested.
– If you come alone and want to stay in a double room, you will share with a person of the same sex.
IMPORTANT: We can not guarantee that you will have a roommate (sometimes we are odd or there aren’t people of the same sex who request a shared room).
In the unlikely event that there isn’t any other person of the same sex whom you can share the room with, you can have the room for your own but you will be requested to pay the price of a single room.
– If you cancel at any moment before March 1, we will refund you the full amount paid, except the deposit, which could be used as a credit for another retreat during the next 2 years.
– If your cancellation takes place between March 1 and April 1, we will refund the total amount you have paid, less the deposit. The deposit won’t be refunded or be used as a credit.
– If your cancellation takes place after April 1, once you have done the full payment, your payment won’t be refunded. But you can keep the 50% of your payment in a voucher for a future retreat. The voucher will be valid for 2 years in any of our retreats.
– If your cancellation takes after April 28, your payment won’t be refunded.
– At any moment, you could hand your booking over to some other person (friend, relative, colleague…etc), who would like to join the retreat and stay in the same type of bedroom.
– In the unlikely event that the retreat has to be canceled, we will be refund the full amount paid in less than 7 working days.
– Your personal expenses, such as flight tickets or any other cost that wouldn’t has paid directly to us, won’t be refund.
Most travelling insurances covers all your expenses (flight tickets, the payment of the retreat, accomodations cost if you stay before or after the retreat in Spain, etc), if you have to cancel your trip. They are unexpensive and they could be a good option to insure your trip.
Any questions? Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at +34627419996 or write to email@example.com and tell us what you are looking for.
Communicating and asking all the questions you need, is the best way to check if what we offer fits with what you want or feel like at this moment.